Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Yeah, we won but...

...that had to be the most boring Monday Night Game I have seen in quite some time. I actually fell asleep on it around the end of the third quarter because I figured we (the Redskins...yes, I said "we" as if I am on the team) were gonna lose to Dallas, AGAIN!

But I woke up this morning to see that we won 14-13 on a Santana Moss (HEYYYYY SAN-TAN-A! For all my Rare Essence fans out there) touchdown. I was thinking I'd wake up to a Redskins loss but with hope because they'd say they put the rookie QB, Jason Campbell in the game. That would have made me happy!

Instead, I was greeting by the Sportscenter anchors with news of a win (which did make me happy because I can't stand the Cow-gals) only to see Mark Brunell (I hate saying dudes name) throw the game-winner to Santana Moss. Yippeee dippeee! Whoooo-hoo!

What does this mean to me, an avid Redskins fan? Absolutely nothing! If anything, it means false hope for naive Skins fans (one of which I am not). This win means that we beat Dallas once in the last umpteen attempts. While I should be elated and overjoyed right now to the point that I call WG (a punk-a$$ Dallas fan) and tell him what I think about those Cowgals...I can't. Because I know we'll end up losing by a combined 60 points over the next 3 games and this win against the cowboys won't matter one bit.

What I am looking for is a winning season. Who cares about Dallas? Sure, it's a great rivalry to pump up every year and I love the way Washington, D.C. gets the week before we play Dallas. But in the end, if we beat Dallas twice per year and lose the rest of our games, where will we be at the season's end? Home, as usual. So screw the Cowboys and screw a single win against a mediocre Cowboys team. We need multiple wins against teams of better quality than the Bears or Cowboys. If we can beat Philly then I'll start opening my HUGE mouth again takling Redskins trash. When we're above-500 after 8 games I'll be able to start muttering some pro-Redskins banter again. Until then, I'll take this win (because God only knows how many more we'll get this year), but I won't be pumped or satisfied. I'm looking for bigger and better things!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your continued pessimism is appreciated for those of us Cowboys fans... One win every 6-10 years I suppose is acceptable. (Even though ya'll are all leagues behind the Panthers). :-)

Anonymous said...

Don't hate!