Monday, April 2, 2007

Live Bloggin the Post-Game Show

If you have been keeping up with my posts about the NCAA tourney, you know I WON MY POOL! CHA-CHING!!!! Well, you may not have even known I was in a pool. But nevertheless, I won my pool since I picked the Gators to repeat.

Now for my live-blogged post-game analysis:

11:30pm - Joakim Noah scares us all by climbing in the stands but actually finds his mom and hugs her. Nice! Perhaps he is humble after all. I definitely thought he was going to go into the stands, rip off his shirt, and tie it around his head like a wildman and then proceed to moon the crowd. Perhaps that was just me?

11:35pm - Billy Donovan gives a postgame speech that was far better than that wack pre-game speech he gave

11:36pm - My favorite player on the Florida team Corey Brewer (Dane, he got that bone-D and that bone offense) gets a chance to talk with his kuntree-azz (gotta love the 'twang though). This is followed by Joakim Noah talking about "doing it big" and how the interviewer knows nothing about it. Of course he doesn't Joakim! Of course he doesn't! This kid is totally in his own world sometimes, I swear. Unlike his antics, I like his passion for the game.

Thankfully, they snatch the microphone from in front of his face before he curses and calls the entire Ohio State team b*tch-a$$-ni99as. I felt that coming. I'm telling you, he was going to do it!

11:37pm - ANOTHER commercial break (JEEZ!)

11:40pm - Greg GumBALL, Clark Kellogg, and Seth Davis remind me why I wish Gus Johnson could have been involved with this telecast somehow.

11:42pm - The trophy presentation by two random guys nobody knows but are probably making more money off of this game than any of the coaches or athletic directors. One of the Florida Gators has a cute little baby in his hands holding the Puerto Rican flag. I'm wondering if he'll work on conceiving another kid tonight?

11:46pm - They interview Ohio State's coach after the game and he does the obligatory humble thing and praises Florida. I'm sure he had his fingers crossed in his pockets while he was saying all this because he has to be pi$$ed. For his sake, I hope Oden and Conley Jr. come back next year.

11:47pm - Florida cuts down the nets and I was hoping Corey Brewer would cut that lame bush he has with the scissors they gave him to cut the nets.

11:52pm - More boring retrospective banter from the sportscasters.

11:53pm - One shining [fruity] moment. I have to turn this off...Sorry! Hold up! Is that Luther singing those vocals? Awwwwwww sh&t! LMAO! Video montage's with Luther in the background are so much better! Hold on dammit! Is that Luther singing? Really, I can't tell! Eff it!

Postgame thoughts:
  • I think this pretty much solidifies that Greg Oden and Mike Conley Jr will be returning next year to go undefeated.
  • Let the speculation over whether Billy Donovan will leave Florida for Kentucky begin. Personally, I'd leave. I just won two titles in Florida, Kentucky will give me a helluva payday and the opportunity to have one of the most sought-after coaching jobs in the country. Why not leave unless sunny Florida (the Gunshine State) appeals to you just that much?
  • If Jeff Green and Roy Hibbert return next year for Georgetown, I'd love to see them battle it out against Ohio State in the final game next year
  • Al Horford's draft stock just went up by about 5 spots
  • Corey Brewer's draft stock just went up 2 or 3 spots

9 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

Just curious-why didn't you think that Georgetown would win?

Anonymous said...

Because they did have some weaknesses when you compare them to teams like Ohio State and Florida. If they would have ended up playing UCLA in the final game I'd have picked them. But Florida has too good of a team as opposed to Gtown's 2 (maybe 3 if you include the point guard) stars. And against Ohio State it's pretty much a toss up because whichever big man stayed out of foul trouble at the end of the game would probably be the determining factor as to who won.

I like Georgetown but just like Maryland, they tend to let me down when it matters the most.

T.a.c.D said...

yea they didn't play with the heart that i thought a team i the final four should have played with...they didn't give their all...now this is from someone who ONLY watched the game because georgetown is his school and basketball is his thing...cause you know I could really care less...but since I was watching it, i can go ahead and get into it...

but i totally feel your analysis, especially based on what I saw

Anonymous said...

I think GTown's problem was that they didn't create enough plays for Jeff Green.

Personally, I like Jeff Green, but he's not a creator to me. He got that shot off to win that game in the tournament, but aside from that, he's not a scorer like THAT. He is a great player and he'll probably be good in the pros, but it's not his personality to have that scorer's mentality. Same deal with Hibbert. Or maybe it's just a by-product of that Princeton-esque system they run that requires players to be unselfish and not dominate the ball.

Regardless, I thought Gtown would do well and they'd make it to the final game and lose to Florida. So I really was concerned with Florida winning moreso than my love for hometown teams.

Daneger said...

You think Al Horford has moved up 5 spots...I already had dude at #4 or #5. Where do you think he will go? I might have to blog about the upcoming prostpects now that the tourney is over..you know I got something to say about all them dudes. LOL

Anonymous said...

I'd say in the top 10 somewhere but no higher than

These are probably the top prospects right now if they all come out:

Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, Acie Law IV, Alando Tucker, Nick Fazekas, Arron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert, Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer, Mike Conley Jr, Tyler Hansborough

Of these guys, the top five will definitely be:

Oden, Durant, Hibbert, Alando Tucker, Tyler Hansborough.

So I'd put Horford somewhere after them. But it's tough in college because you really don't know who is going to come out since most of these guys are not seniors.

Daneger said...

Well I think you are giving some of those guys too much credit just because there teams are better than some other players teams. If you look at the ESPN ranks they don't even have Hansborough as a lottery pick and neither do I but his teammate Brandan Wright (who already declared for the draft by the way) is ranked #4 and Al Horford is ranked #5. Acie Law IV is not ranked in the lottery either and I believe he should be and Hibbert isn't top 5 and I would say he is. They have 1 European ranked in the top 10 but everyone else is out of college so it's not due to that issue. My rankings would go something like...
Oden, Durant, Brandan Wright, Jeff Green, Al Horford, Roy Hibbert, Acie Law IV, Corey Brewer, Spencer Hawes, Joakim Noah, Al Thornton, Thaddaeus Young, Mike Conley Jr. in that order.

The rest of the guys you named except Hansborough should go first round but not lottery and even Acie Law, and Mike Conley won't go lottery but I think they should.

jendayi said...

I want to name my son Joakim Noah.

Anonymous said...

You know that's Swedish for Ralph Lipshitz, right? LOL.