Monday, November 10, 2008

Go Heartless or Go Hard?

Before I begin...What is up with Yeezy's obsession with Tracie Ross's butt? I mean she does look like she has those motherly hips that would look good in some mom jeans, but don't those mom jeans remind you of a wide flat butt moreso than a super fatty? Ok, I'm thinking about this way too much in a public forum.

I'm feeling this joint just as much as Love Lockdown. Not for the music as much as the lyrics.

Go ahead fellas, hate...Then let me know when the album drops how you "all-of-a-sudden" like it. Like you always end up doing.

The animated version of Kanye has his swag and I think that alone makes this video tight! Seriously, the animator gets props from me on this one.


Let me go on the record saying that I completely HATE that dumb azz hat T-Pain wears! And I don't like to use the word hate literally very often but d@mn if I don't hate that minstrel azz hat!

Ok, now that I got that out of my system can someone please tell me where I can get the sunglasses Khaled has on? Better yet, where can I get a pair of designer knock-offs that look like those joints because I am 100% sure they are 1000 times more costly than what I'm willing to spend on shades.

A few questions...
  1. Why are grown men holding up bottles of Nuvo? Can someone say "payola"?
  2. What is up with Yeezy's haircut? Is he trying way too hard to look like he doesn't care or is it just me? If you don't care about your cut, just don't. Stop trying to make it look like you don't care. That makes you a poseur, doesn't it?
  3. Why the hat T-Pain....Why?
  4. I think Khaled like's boys...Do you? Just watch how he looks at everybody who raps. I understand he gets pumped about the songs and he's sicing his boys (I do the same thing sometimes) but Khaled takes it up a level that I am starting to become uncomfortable with.
Contrary to what it may seem, I am starting to like this song because the beat is kinda hard. Ye's raps are ayight but it just seems like something is missing from the song. Maybe it's an Officer Ross verse (yep, I said it). BOSS!

2 comments:

M.C. said...

"I think Khaled like's boys...Do you? Just watch how he looks at everybody who raps. I understand he gets pumped about the songs and he's sicing his boys (I do the same thing sometimes) but Khaled takes it up a level that I am starting to become uncomfortable with."

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You are crazy! That was too funny. Well those glasses Khaled is wearing can be found at any major sunglass stand at the mall. It's funny because here, they really do try to make it seem like those joints are real. It's like, Fendi sunglasses are going to be more than $35.

The song is cool. It would be better without T-Pain. His chorus sounds awful - it's like Alvin & The Chipmunks on Autotune.

Anonymous said...

I did some interweb research and those glasses Khaled has on are Louis Vuitton $675 JUMP-OFFS! Meaning, some ridonkulously priced eye-wear. They're tight though.

I was having a conversation with my boy Laf about sunglasses since he's way more into them than I am and he told me not to buy the designer knock-off joints out of the mall but to just hit up a site online and find some discounted sunglasses that maybe aren't Louis Vuitton but still a respected/quality brand like Marc Jacobs, Dior, etc. I looked and those brands are still like $100+. That's still crazy to me for sunglasses but this is really my first time looking into official sunglasses and not the joints I buy from 7-Eleven or the airport kiosks. LMAO!

And as much as people seem to hate it, I don't really mind the autotune as much as everyone else. With T-Pain you expect it and now you don't expect it from Wayne or Yeezy but you are not hardly surprised when they use it. But now it's getting to the point with Yeezy where he might start having reactions (like a lot of my boys) like "Yeezy got a new joint....[listens]...Ah man he got that autotune shyt again. He should just rap and not sing with that shyt".