Thursday, January 7, 2010

This might call for a boycott of KFC

I'm not gonna lie, I actually like KFC but they need to get a clue.


So let me get this straight...

You're around a bunch of happy, non-belligerent Black folk and you feel uncomfortable so you offer a bucket of chicken to make friends? As if there was no Mad Dog 20/20 around! Why couldn't they have just had this guy put on the Electric Slide and everybody keep dancing? That would have been less offensive. The Black people and fried chicken thing is such a jaded stereotype that maybe someone at KFC thought this was passable. Actually, I'm sure several people at KFC must have because these things don't get to the masses without being vetted by numerous people.

I've already mentioned how some Australians think stuff like this is acceptable (and presumably) unoffensive so I don't feel the need to talk about that again. But this video pretty much speaks for itself.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

There is one part of me that can have a sense of humor on this kind of stuff and another part of me that just plain ole doesnt like it!

p.s. i like popeyes better anyways, lol.

Anonymous said...

I feel you on popeyes and on having a sense of humor about it but also feeling that you shouldn't find it funny.