Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Best Idea in the History of HBO Series'?

First, I don't know if the title of this post is grammatically correct but I'm gonna roll with it. Second, someone over at Grantland came up with the idea of creating a bracket to determine the best WIRE character of all time. How did I not think of this already? My co-workers and I came up with an bracket to determine the most arbitrarily cool employee a couple years back and somehow, some way, I didn't even think about a bracket for characters from my favorite HBO series of all the times. Third, there's really no real contest in terms of who is the best character from The WIRE, it's Omar, duhhh. Maybe Michael is a close second but it's gotta be Omar. But the real fun has to be in comparing other random and not-as-important characters like Slim Charles, Avon Barksdale, Marlo, Bunk, Clay Davis, McNulty, and the list goes on. If you're interested in having a say/vote in all this, you can join in on the fun over at Grantland's Facebook page.

Coincidentally, I was watching the "Stringer goes down and the female WIRE fans all wimper" episode of The WIRE the other day and realized that I was smart enough to some time ago, start DVR-ing all the WIRE episodes that air nowadays so I should have at least 3 or 4 seasons on DVR (boosted).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah brackets are the best! Like that Vibe HipHop bracket or the Fresh Prince's Girlfriends bracket, or even better that Madden Bracket was on point. They need to start doing more brackets like this for stuff. Where you have a certain time period to vote per round.

Its funny how they mention "Ante Up" and you just posted that song a couple days ago.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing re: Ante Up