Monday, November 19, 2007

Mike Vick: Stupid or Suicidal?

The reason I ask is because Ookie Mike Vick decided that today he'd turn himself in to begin his sentence EARLY. Yes, you read that correctly, E-A-R-L-Y! Who goes and does that? Seriously. R. Kelly has been avoiding jail time a trial for like 5 years now and this guy Vick wants to go in early? What a crazy world. Then again, they tried to get all his money and I'm sure his brother isn't financing his lavish lifestyle so maybe he's just given up. Sad. But perhaps appropriate. Not that he gives up on himself, but that he's not living lavishly.

Think about this...
  1. It's three days before Thanskgiving
  2. He doesn't get sentenced until Dec. 10th
  3. What black man do YOU know who is itching to start his sentence early?
  4. It's 3 days before THANKS-friggng-GIVING!
Seriously, anybody who voluntarily decides they want to go to jail early (let alone 3 days before Thanksgiving) needs to be put on suicide watch! There's no way I am scheduled to get sentenced on December 10th and decide that a few days before Thanksgiving is ideal to go "in". Miss mom's macaroni and cheese, greens, turkey with gravy and stuffing? Awww hell nah! I'm treating Thanksgiving like the LAST effing SUPPER!

Does he not want to spend this holiday with family before he kicks off (no pun intended) his jail time? However long that's going to be. I seriously hope a bunch of idiots don't interpret this as Mike Vick being "gangsta" because he decided to go in early. I've heard of that before. Even had a friend decide to go "in" a few weeks before he was schedule to be sentenced. But that shyt was in March! Around that time there aren't any largely significant family holidays that include tons and tons of food and (dare I say it) football!

Good thing they don't allow you to have belts or shoestrings in jail because I get the impression Ron Mexico Mike Vick might use his athletic ability to tie one hell of a noose (or figure-8 knot perhaps) and murk himself. God forbid he does that considering that's pretty much a one-way ticket to you-know-where, but seriously....Tell me you couldn't see it happening! Until then, I'm sure that sub 4.5 speed will come in handy around shower time. And to think, I thought my life was starting to suck! Man I am chillin' compared to this guy! Screw you student accounts office. I'll get you that dough when I'm good and ready!

As much as I think he (and TIPPORD) are idiots for making those bonehead decisions, I don't like to see any Black man incarcerated because I don't believe anyone comes out of there ready to assimilate right back into society. And the time you lose incarcerated, you can never get back. Not to mention the arguable but probably valid theory that the system (once we're in it) is setup to keep us inside of it. And that's not even taking into consideration the possibility of getting Beecher'd (or would it be Keller'd).

As an aside, what's in the limited supply of [low quality] H20 down in Georgia that has some of these young, rich Black men doing dumb ish? Hmmmnnnn.

As dumb as it sounds, I'd rather see guys makin' it rain in the strip clubs than killing dogs or buying guns. At least they're not hurting anyone (directly).



"9 in my right, 45 in my other hand..." Hmmmnnnn. That chorus isn't doing TIP any favors now I'm sure

9 comments:

Deja~I~Am said...

oh man that's exactly what i was thinking when i heard this. Atleast go after Thanksgiving!!! That is our holiday and what about his family.

Anonymous said...

I was discussing this with a couple of my buddies last night and one of my friends doesn't think it's such a bad idea. Citing that perhaps they'll decrease his sentence because he's willing to go in early (which I think is not likely) and that he may as well go in now because he's already had time to spend with his family.

Both of which could be true, but I think the latter is more plausible than the former.

I just hope he doesn't off himself. I think there's more to this decision than we know about at this time. Kinda like how I think there's more to Kanye's mom's death than they're releasing right now.

Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist or anything. But Suge did kill Pac. LOL.

T.a.c.D said...

from what i also understand, that he was given a lighter sentence because he gave up certain information about those in the "dog bidness" who are none to pleased...that might also have something to do with it just laying low....

i personally don't get missing the holiday either, hell just miss black friday and go then...but maybe they had their own family gathering over the weekend and he decided first thing monday he was going to stand up and go...

for some reason i think he is on to something and is a lot smarter than we think...

Anonymous said...

"I mean Frank Lucas was cool, but I ain't tryna snitch"

LOL.

Funny that he is giving up information on others after people starting rolling on him.

I hope you're right and he (read: his lawyers) are a lot smarter than the rest of us. Which I am sure they are because they have to be some high-priced lawyers.

"Now all I need is a high-priced lawyer/Cuz it's foul ways nowadays, everybody saw ya/"

Lawrenorder said...

He's still scheduled to get sentenced on Dec 10th as I understand it. Depending on how things play out with the info he gave them between now and then he might get some credit for time served, avoid more taxes on that property he's got, and possibly put that settlement with the Falcons to bed since he'd be incarcerated on the date that thing is supposed to be paid back.

Granted my memory is a little shoddy, but if I could legally avoid paying someone $4M, then I'd probably take that option too...

jendayi said...

I didn't think it was such a bad idea either. As you all have said and as lawrenorder has discussed, there seems to be something more to it. In addition though, if I were in his shoes, I'd be going crazy tapping my foot waiting for my day of doom to come. I couldn't take waiting. I'd opt to go in earlier too for that reason alone.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't take waiting...To go to J-A-I-L?

Seriously?

I beg to differ. Much like Iraq, jail is a place you can't even be sure you'll make it back from alive. I'd be enjoying every milli-second of freedom I had.

I think we all agree that there's more to it, but still. That would have been a tough decision for me. From what I understand, once you're in, there's not much difference between 5 years and 10 years. So unless it's going to save him a significant amount of jail time (like more than 10 years), I don't see why he'd go in.

As far as his money is concerned, I find it hard to fathom that he could somehow save himself from getting taxed on that property being sold and also keep the Falcons from getting his dough. In the latter case, the fact that he's going to be in jail probably works in the Falcons favor.

"Man that bama don't need no money in jail! 3 hots and a cot! He's straight!"

Tamecia said...

True, missing Thanksgiving and the food is a sacrifice, but he might not want to have to sit at the kiddie table...because clearly all his issues will be a topic of discussion in the family, either in support or sympathy, or in 'what the hell..." style. Especially after the folks stop drinking, and somebody slips with who told on him that he didn't know about (cousin leroy). Table could get overturned and nobody gets no food...

This comes from the middle school eyeglass lens of avoid embarrassment by prioritizing what feels worse rather than what might smartest or put up a good front. And surprise everybody.

I'm just thinking back to that newspaper scandal at JHU and how I couldn't have gotten suspended over stupid ^(*&*) and gone home for nice quiet meal. In other communities that might be easier to do.

Anonymous said...

Interesting point. I never thought of it that way.

Hold up! Mecia, where have you been? Long time no see/hear/talk/alltherest...