Friday, September 25, 2009

Weekly Football Picks - Week 3


Team Name this week is "PurpleHeysoose". Obviously inspired by you know who.

Redskins over Detwat. I wouldn't be surprised at allif the Skins (my team) lost this game but I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and say that close call with St. Louis along with all the heat they're taking (especially coach Zorn) will inspire them to win this game.

Green Bay over St. Louis. Green Bay will beat St. Louis the way the Skins (my team) were supposed to last week.

Minnesota over San Francisco. Brett Favre will get injured this game but it won't matter because Adrian Peterson will be the difference. It'll be closer than most people will expect though. San Francisco's defense is going to get-up for AP.

New England over Atlanta. After the Jets game last week I don't expect New England to lose. But since Tony Gonzalez and Michael Turner are on my Fantasy team I'd like to see them put up nombres.

Tennessee over Jets. I simply do not believe in the Titans when they are playing a team with a solid defense (see Titans vs. Pittsburgh, week 1). But this week I think they're going to muster up enough offense to squeak by the Jets. The Jets' defense is going to play well. Chris Johnson will not explode like he did last week. But in my mind this is a must-win game for the Titans and they'll find a way to pull this one out. Courtland Finnegan will have an interception in this game.

Philly over Kansas City. Mike Vick FTW! Even if he'll only have about 7-10 snaps I bet he's a factor against a team as weak as the Chiefs. Dwayne Bowe needs to catch a TD and get 100 yards though for my fantasy team. Thanks in advance.

Giants over Tampa Bay. Do I really need to say why they'll win. Did you see their game against Dallas in Week 2? Byron Leftwich will get sacked at least 5 times this game. Especially if Justin Tuck plays.

Baltimore over Cleveland. This is going to be a tough divisional game but I don't expect Brady Quinn to be able to withstand the pressure Baltimore's defense will put on him.

Houston over Jacksonville. After Andre Johnson's performance last week (ok ok, SCHAUB TOO!) I can't pick against them when they're playing a team like the Jags. I feel sorry for Maurice Jones-Drew.

New Orleans over Buffalo. Sorry T-Ho. Drew Brees will be the MVP this year and he'll put up 300+ yards and 3 TDs on the Bills even if he were using his LEFT ARM, lol.

Chicago over Seattle. I can't stand the Seahawks. I feel sorry for TJ Houshmazilli.

Pittsburgh over Cincy. Can't bet against Mike Tomlin in this one. I think the injury to the guy with the long hair hurts Pittsburgh a lot more than we think.

Denver over Oakland. Oakland isn't for real. Denver isn't for real. But Denver will beat Oakland this week, even if the game is in Oakland.

Chargers over Dolphins. The Chargers WRs are too big. Sproles is too quick. But, this won't be an easy win.

Indy over Arizona. Anquan Boldin will score at least 1 TD this game. I'm trying to speak good things into existence since he is on my fantasy team. Initially I had picked AZ to win this game but the more I thought about Peyton's performance on Monday night the more I realized that if this game is close, the Colts will win. And if it's not close, the Colts will already be up by 14-21 points anyway.

CowGirls over Carolina. Jake Delhomme really does SUCK people. He really does. And as much as I hate the CowGIRLS, I can't say I think they'll lose this one.

No comments: