Monday, July 25, 2011

Dope Music: Cocaine 80s - The Pursuit EP


I have had this EP in my iTunes for a month or so now. I only came across it because I heard the "Summer Madness" joint with Common on it and figured I'd download this new "Common EP/Mixtape". But what I downloaded was actually an EP with one Common song on it, lol. I dismissed it after that and yesterday decided to come back and listen to it because I remembered that the EP had a lot of (or perhaps all) production done by No ID.

It turns out that (apparently) this a Cocaine 80s release produced by No I.D. Who/what is Cocaine 80s? Well according to the Internets it's "a collective including: No I.D., Common, Steve Wyreman, Rob Kinelski, Kevin Randolph, James Fauntleroy, Makeba and many more" (source: Fake Shore Drive). I am not familiar with those names outside of the first two but I assume they're all pretty talented folks and have their own reputations within the music industry. Whoever they are though, they made a pretty good EP!

After listening to it again last night like 8 times, I'm definitely more excited to hear Common's upcoming project (No ID will be producing all of it) and I'm telling everybody I know to download this EP because it's dope!

Download: Cocaine 80s - The Pursuit EP

No comments: