Friday, October 28, 2011

Throwback! The Police - Roxanne

Were it not for Camron (yes, Cameron Giles), I probably would not have an appreciation for this song. I guess Cam's "What Means The Worldto You" for me, is an example of how a sample used in a hip-hop song can make you appreciate the original or at the very least, expose you to the original when otherwise you may not have known about it. The first time I heard this beat was in Camron's song and I'll admit that I would not have known about "Roxanne" had I not seen it online the other day and heard the beat and thought "that's where Cam [or better yet, whoever produced the song] got that beat from!". Cam's version might be a classic hip-hop song though, lol.

Sidebar: T-Pain's "I'm In Love With A Stripper" has an eerily similar focus to that of Roxanne (yes, I realize a prostitute and a stripper are not one-in-the-same).

The Police - Roxanne


Camron - What Mean the World to You

No comments: