Friday, December 28, 2012

The ONLY Reason I'm Nervous about Skins vs CowGirls on Sunday


Tony Romo doesn't scare me. Dez Bryant doesn't scare me. They'll get their numbers for sure but their both one brain fart away from causing a loss for their team. Rob Ryan however, is not to be slept on when it comes to coordinating a defense. His brother gets all the pub (for all the wrong reasons lately) but Rob is mean too!

Rob has seen the Redskins offense once and his defense got smoked like a blunt at Wiz Khalifa's house. Now he's had a week to prepare for an offense he's seen once before and I'm sure he's sitting back thinking of all types of sinister plans to shut the Skins offense down. Granted, the players have to play and DeMarcus Ware isn't going to be 100% healthy but I'm sure Rob is going to come up with a solid plan, it's just a matter of whether his defense can execute it well enough to not give up a lot of points. The Redskins are going to score. I'm guessing we'll put up at least 21 points though I'm not delusional enough to think we'll have all those big plays like last time. Games like this are where guys like Rob Ryan earn their keep and I'm sure he's preparing like a maniac.

My guess... The first team to 30 wins this game. The Redskins aren't going to stop the Cowboys from scoring at least two touchdowns. The key is whether Dallas can stop RG3 (throwing AND running) and Alfred Morris. The Redskins don't have a receiver as explosive as Bryant but between Moss and Garcon, they should be able to perform well enough to win. And if Hankerson keeps catching the ball and doesn't go back to his early-season "Stonehands" edition of himself, I think that he and Josh Morgan can be hold down the "possession receiver" role (even though Moss is better at that).

It should be a good game but of course, I'm rooting for a Redskins win! #HTTR!

No comments: