Tuesday, July 10, 2007

WorkLife: Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournament --> Round 1

Today my co-worker Paul suggested that we have a rock-paper-scissors tournament. Many of you probably think that the idea is so lame that we wouldn't even think twice about trying it and dismiss it as well, lame. You are sadly mistaken. There's an official bracket for this thing that includes 8 players (which includes my boss).

We just finished the first round of the tournament (best 3 of 5) and in a shocking upset I beat Paul who came up with the concept after playing the game with his son all night last night. Needless to say, I didn't take it too seriously and expected to lose but shockingly came out the winner.

My next opponent is my co-worker Todd who's a scrappy Ohioan that took out his opponent in the first round in an awesome display of dexterity. I figure I'm bound to lose to Todd because he's from no-mans-land Ohio and really there's not much to do there except shoot animals and play rock-paper-scissors. But maybe my luck will continue through round two. I'll keep you posted! As if you care, right?

PS - YES, I do actually work during the day as well.

6 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

Hey i get it, hell with all this work, if we didn't do some "off the wall things" from time to time...we would go crazy

Anonymous said...

True. But the thing is, that's kind of "on the wall" for us. LOL. But we do have a lot of things we do just to break the monotony. But you know when you work with the "tech" guys, things are always left-field.

thee modern isis said...

lol sorry but I had to laugh at the rock, paper, scissors thing and almost died when you mentioned Ohio and shooting animals.

Sheesh.. I'm from Ohio and have yet to shoot a animal. err maybe ran over a squirrel or a bird on a long drive but that's it.

Nice blog though.

Anonymous said...

The Ohio line was in jest (maybe I should have added an LOL) of course. Thanks for the compliment and thanks stopping by.

jendayi said...

there's an actual sports tournament of rock-paper-scissors. i think i say it on tv. people really do consider this serious.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I actually caught part of that on one of the ESPN stations a week or so before that post. I laughed it off when I saw it because I never knew people took it that seriously.