Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Family Values from Pistol Packin' P

Ironic that the video below pops up considering this guy is about to go to jail on a gun possession conviction.



I won't even comment like I want to on this foolish video. But no matter how you look at it, there's no reason you should be teaching a 7 year old kid how to shoot a gun. Maybe if this was the backwoods of America West Virginia, but even then you'd think that a 7 year old should be spending his/her time doing homework, watching TV, reading a book, playing with friends, or something else semi-productive. Not learning how to shoot weapons.

I recall Prodigy saying in a song years ago and a recent interview that his father showed him how to shoot and taught him about guns at a young age, so I guess this is his way of passing on some counter-productive family values. That's sad. Check out the song for yourself...


I'd rather see you teach your son how to box rather than shoot a gun. Stuff like this just leads to more punk-azz kids who are afraid to fight, but eager to shoot. Just what we need!

The video actually reminded me of this verse from Beans off of "Where Have You Been" on the Dynasty Album. This gives the potential flipside to Prodigy's coin.

"...I 'member that day you showed me that gat, that 9
put it in my palm when I was young
and said that would be mine, you turned me out
the reason why I hit the block
reason why I tried to hit them cops
reason why I started hittin shots
reason why I started gettin licked
and drinkin syrup and skippin court
ginger bread man never think of gettin caught
look at your hand man damn you fought
nigga you left my mom
left us with no good-bye's
you left us out to dry
you left us with no letters, notes, (nothing!) no replies
no digits numbers was unlisted
you left us with some of my loneliest night
nigga some of my hungriest nights..."

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

I actually have NO words...

Anonymous said...

I could think of two:

Fumb Duck