Friday, January 25, 2008

Colin Munroe stole remixed Kanye's Flashing Lights

Welcome to the InterWeb Revolution everyone. It was one thing when music singles got leaked to the InterWeb. Then albums. Then movies. Now any-and-everything can become a YouTube internet phenomenon.

But now you've got an artist (Kanye) who makes a hot song and before he can even release his video for the song, another artist (Colin Munroe) has made a remixed version of the song and posted it on YouTube. Actually, I had never even heard of Colin Munroe prior to watching this video so I am not sure if he's has any musical work that was released prior to this. What I do know is that this version of Flashing Lights is pretty decent and I like the video. Knowing Kanye Tuda, even though he was shooting a video for the song as recently as two weeks ago, he'll probably get a look at this video and go back and revamp his video for the original version. We all know how Kanye gets about his videos.

Nevertheless, I found it amusing that someone beat Kanye to the punch on the video for this song and it wasn't some shiddy low-budget video somebody shot at home with their camcorder. This video might end up being better than Kanye's version, although I doubt it.

Check it out for yourself.

Colin Munroe - I Want Those Flashing Lights


And can't you see Kanye in this exact same outfit running around in the video? Don't lie to yourself people, you know you can!

2 comments:

Lawrenorder said...

Yeah I can see Kanye doing something like this... He won't cuz he's real big on that "not copying/being bigger than everything else"-type deal, but yeah I see it.
I liked the song before I heard Colin's turn at it. I must say Colin's take fits right into the alterna-phase I'm in right now. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Flashing Lights is definitely my favorite song off the album and I think this remix of the song is just as good as Kanye's version.