Wednesday, January 30, 2008

One Celebrity Look-A-Like I Obviously Missed


By now you've run across a blogpost (or two) where I vent about all the celebrities that people have told me I look like. Here's the quick list:
  • Swizz Beatz
  • Grant Hill
  • Joe Budden
These are the three most common. Most times when people say, "You look like somebody" I tell them I always get compliments that I look like Boris Kodjoe. And bellowing laughter ensues. I don't understand why it's THAT funny.

Moving on though...I've even been told once before that I look like Darryl M. Bell aka Ron Johnson from a Different World (like Cree Summers). That my friends, was an all-time low! Not that the "Ron" is even a bad-looking guy. It's just that Ron Johnson pops into someone's head when they see me! RON JOHNSON! Do you remember how long ago that show was and his character on the show? That's like telling someone, "You look like Cockroach from the Cosby Show". What do you say to that? Thanks???

To be honest, the Swizz comparisons have become so regular that I don't even think about it anymore, I just accept it. I can now count on two hands how many times I've been walking into (or out of) a club and someone yells Swizz! Especially in Miami. But I guess I can't argue that when I grow a full beard, I look like Swizz...


This was such an unfortunate picture to agree in hindsight, but whatever (LOL).

This is pretty much a dead-ringer, I'll admit.

I truly believe that the Joe Budden comparisons are just a result of me being light-skindeded. And when I have a low haircut my big-azz ears poke out like Grant Hill's so I'll accept the comparisons to Grant.

There's one other celebrity I have been told I look like on only two occasions. Mike Epps...







I can't see it. What about you guys? I've been told by my homegirl that I act like Mike Epps (though she said it a while ago), but I am not sure if that's a compliment or not. LOL. But I was told again yesterday that I look like Mike Epps and I figure I should post some pics and see what everybody thinks. You make the call!

8 comments:

A. B. said...

Don't see the Mike Epps but Swizz is right on the money. Maybe you could fool his wife and then BLOG it. My Man, SPEECH!!!!!

Anonymous said...

"Maybe you could fool his wife and then BLOG it."

Hmmn?

T.a.c.D said...

okay you know as soon as i saw the cruise pics i wanted to holla SWIZZY...but i KNOW how you hate it...so i left it lone...

you ARE, my dear homeboy, funny as hell...naturally, not trying hard funny and in that sense YES you do act like Mike Epps

Anonymous said...

Now that's a compliment! Merci!

---One Man Band

Daneger said...

Boy if I did a look-alike blog I would have about 30 pics on that joint. I have been getting compared to someone elses looks since I was like 12. LOL.

Jenn Will said...

Oh I didn't know you HATED the Swizz comparison...I can see how you would seeing as you probably get it all the time. But its just so darn apt. And for the record I personally did not laugh THAT hard at the Boris comparison...I can see it..there around the...eyes. Yep. Right there.

Anonymous said...

I used to hate it but I realized there is really nothing I can do about it. And it's better than people calling me "satan" or "bastard" or something else that's negative. I don't think anyone is trying to be negative so I guess I can accept it. Actually, I've started to.

So you are trying to appease me with your whole Boris comment, huh? Nice try!

Lawrenorder said...

I'm just trying to figure out what all these people are going to do when you're that big deal. Like the important "famous", not the "15minutes of celebrity famous".

I'll be in the crowd shouting, "HEY! I actually KNOW that guy!!! YEAH MIKE!!!"... who am I kidding, I do that now. :-)