Thursday, October 9, 2008

Video Thoughts: Yung L.A. (feat. Young Dro and Tippord) - Ain't I (Remix)


Mr. PineyApple Suckers (Dro) stays showing us all how to rock colorful clothing. Not that his attire is flyy, but just off the strength of him not caring about his affinity for pastel I have to give Dro some respect. It's almost like when Kanye hit the scene.

But my real point in this post is to say how much I enjoy and am entertained by Dro's swag, how much I respect Tippord's swag, and how lame Yung L.A. appears to be. Is it because I'm older now and I refuse to rock tight jeans with skull belts and colorful sneakers that I just don't get it? Is it because my head is beginning to bald and I can't grow a true mohawk that I am hating? Is it because I truly believe that Yung L.A. thinks he's Pharrell? Maybe I'm the problem. Maybe I just don't get it. But you know what, if this what I should expect in the future, I don't want any part of it.

Seriously dude dresses like Pharrell and raps like an older Soulja Boy! How is that HOT? Secondly, why on God's green earth is TIP affiliated with this dude? I could understand Drizzle being affiliated with him because Dro just seems a bit off like that, but TI? I even think Yung L.A. is on Grand Hustle for crying out loud! Not that that means much because we saw what happened with the P$C and Big Kuntry KANG albums. At least Dro went gold. I guess my point is that while I love this song, seeing the video made me immediately think "who is this BAMA muffuga".

And overall....TIP verse > Dro swag > the entire video > Yung L.A.'s presence at the video shoot for the remix to his own song.

I'd prefer more Young Dro lines that include things like sour-apple colors, pineyapplesuckers, and other colorful stuff than to have to listen to another half of a bar from Yung L.A.

No comments: