Tuesday, November 11, 2008

AirPod

"Air France and KLM have announced plans to conduct a six-month trial of a new zero-emission, compressed-air powered vehicle. The “AirPod” seats three, can do 28 mph, and goes about 135 miles on a tank of compressed air.

The AirPod is 6.7 feet long and weighs 485 pounds. The driver controls the motion of the vehicle with a joystick.

The vehicle has four wheels, and uses rear-wheel drive. Refueling the vehicle’s 46 gallon (175 liter) compressed air tank tank only takes a couple of minutes, according to the company." --- DeviceGuru
Yep, you read that right. Get in an accident in this joint if you want.

The technology involved with creating something like this always intrigues me. But in this particular case I can only wonder how much technology goes into making these things safe. I could not see myself being comfortable on I-95 in this thing. I assume it's meant primarily for city driving but even making a sharp turn seems like it might just flip this thing over.

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

that's my concern i couldn't see myself on I-95 or in DC or any other major city driving around in this or the other little smart cars that are out now...you have absolutely NO WHERE to go...

Anonymous said...

Yep.