Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cameron Giles entertains me

...and I guess that's kind of the point. He's supposed to be an "entertainer", right?
I oftentimes prefer to refer to Cam as Rico from Paid In Full because his role in that movie was legendary to me as far as rappers-turned-half-azzed-actors go (I mean Luda did play himself in Hustle and Flow, didn't he? All his other fantastic work notwithstanding). I came to realize that Cam's swag in real life might not be that far off from how he portrayed Rico in the movie. Not the violent side of Rico but just the unforgiving brash and cocky style Rico had. Cam had to bring some of that to the role from his real life because he's always been quite the cocky fellow. You have to be pretty confident to not only wear hot pink but paint your Range Rover pink as well.

Anyway, for some reason this morning I had the phrase "computers putin'" in my head which is a line from Cam's song, "Get Em Girls". This is one of the funniest songs of all-time to me. Why? I can't really focus in on one single reason but I can't deny that every time I listen to it I burst out in laughter. But I can't stop listening either. For that reason I am deciding to share this relatively old (but classic IMO) song with you. For your entertainment, I present Camron and "Get Em Girls" (lyrics after the jump with my favorite lines highlighted)...Just imagine me cracking up as I listen to this.


I get the boasters boasting, I get computers puting
Y'all get shot at, call me, I do the shooting
I do the recruiting, I tutor the students
I nurture they brain, I'm moving the movement
Whether buddist or budah, that's judist or juda
I got luger to ruger, hit from +Roota to Toota+
Chick from hooter to hooter, I put two in producers
I'm the real boss story, the hoolah of hoosiers
I rock mostly dosey [Dolce and Gabana], I roll mostly doly [dolo]
I'll leave you wholy, holy, you'll say "Holy Moly"
Here come the coroner get 'em, play "Rolly Poley"
I'll tell you true stories, how I coldly hold heat
When it's repping time, I get on extra grind
Fried to fricassee, pepperseed to pepperdine
Jeff Hamilton, +Genesis+, leather time
B*tches say I'm the man, I tell 'em "Nevermind"

[Chorus]
They getting nice, they got some ice
Let's get the dice and roll 'em (get 'em girls)
They getting chips, they flippin' bricks
Get the Rots and Pits, tell 'em (get 'em girls)
She acting fiesty, getting shiesty
Call her wifey, tell her (get 'em girls)
Just lay back, get your face slapped
We at the race track, eight stacks (get 'em girl)

You acting funny nigga, come dumb, dumby nigga
Killa keeps twenty blikers (I'm getting money nigga)
So you should move away, or join the dude in Play
Hey, so you can say (I'm getting money nigga)
First pal up in the rear, I style up in my gear
Stallion of the year, medallions in my ear
Whips on my fists, houses on my wrists
Your budget on my neck, your spouse on my d*ck
Posters on the wall, posted on my balls
D*ck in her mouth, I tell her (I'm getting money nigga)

Y'all faking the fizzle, I'm caking for shizzle
F*ck a Sizzler steak, my steak stay sizzled
Eight, boom, boom, my ace boon coon
Shake, bake, skate, vroom, vroom (We getting money nigga)
Seventh to eighth, zoom, zoom, boom, boom tune
For I get like that boom, boom room (I'm getting money nigga)
Wreck 'N Effects, zoom, zoom, meh poon, poon
Since the movie "Cacoon", had my uzi, platooned (I'm getting money nigga)


[Chorus]

My team is the "Goonies" we where seen with buffonies
Toonies, best dressed, stay up in Neimans, and Bloomies
Want to hit it from the back, she agreed that I'm looney
But proceeded to moon me (I'm getting money nigga)

Baby, BS in honey do, Cam, Vs 1 and 2
I'll help you get your son out of P.S. 22
Get him a maury flow, from the maury show
Fuck around, y'all gonna be up on the Maury Show
He in bootcamp, you on food stamps
Welfare, no healthcare, a true tramp

And I'm lockey, lockey, leave you pokey, pokey
No Rice a Roni, that's the Okey, Dokey
Me and Toby homie, make you do the hokey pokey
Pull the pound, up and down, turn yourself around shorty
Here's some weed, burn yourself a pound whodie
Here's a map, go load yourself a town, sporty
I was down forty, now I'm up fifty
Buck fifty, buck quickly, who could fuck with me?
Killa

[Chorus]

As you can see pretty much none of this makes sense to the layperson like myself. But he says it as all with such confidence and swagger as if everyone should know precisely what the hell he is talking about. And that in and of itself is hilarious to me. I understand the usage of slang but his whole style is just ridiculous. Oddly enough I think Cam's style is very unique and distinctive even though he sucks about 50% of the time. But you can't deny that dude is pretty entertaining most of the time, LOL.

2 comments:

M.C. said...

Never heard this track before. I didn't cop this album, possibly because I was a bit disgruntled with Cam taking over and ghettofying my favorite color. Interesting track, I find his style amusing though. Funny you should post this, I was listening to Santana's Town with him and Juelz today. Must be something in the air.

Anonymous said...

Cam's style is hilarious. I think it's because he takes it soooo seriously. Like Snoop is funny because he doesn't always take himself seriously.

I'm not a fan of the ShytSet but that diplomatic immunity double CD (the first one) has some bangers. I REALLY MEAN IT!