Friday, August 28, 2009

Forever: Kanye & The Rest of Them Dudes


For real, Drake should just let Kanye have the "Forever" track they dropped yesterday. Yes, I know its for LeBron's documentary soundtrack! Yes I know it's Drake's song. But Kanye OWNED everybody on that joint. Eminem gave Yeezy a little bit of competition but Kanye owns that track. And Drake's verse on the original is definitely better than his verse on this release.

For those of you that are confusing Marshall's fast flow with him having the best verse, get your mind right. Although the homie DP thinks that Em owned the track (and makes a very good argument on his blog), I think that his post about this track shows exactly why I feel Kanye owned everybody on it. Try this...

Read everybody's verse.

Then read Kanye's again.

Then listen to the song again.

I rest my case.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike, I agree with you, but not your argument. D.P. could make the same argument and tell everyone to read Eminem's verse a second time...What's your point? I personally feel Ye's verse is better simply for the metaphor he carried through the entire verse, in addition to (using D.P.'s argument) having just as many complex compound words as Eminem.

Anonymous said...

Kearn! Good point about dp's post potentially proving the same point but for em. I guess what I'm saying is that if you read them both you can see what you mentioned about kanyes metaphor whereas em has slick lines but the overall verse just doesn't compare to ye's. Delivery does count for sonething bu fast delivery doesn't necessarily mean a tight/better verse in em's case