Thursday, April 6, 2006

The Fugees Pras doing something other than singing



He did a documetary on being a bum in LA living off $1/day.

I think this may actually bring some much needed attention to the lives of the homeless in this country. It's funny though because I don't give money to bums on the street very often. I think that there should be government programs in place to help these people. And if they are in place already they need to do a better job of going out and getting these folks and helping them.

I don't necessarily believe in just giving money to them. I offer my food and stuff like that before I give away my money. People can do anything with money: blow-it, spend it on drugs, spend it on something other than what they need, etc. Besides, one time I was at the Penn. Ave./Silver Hill Road light and a guy came up to my car and asked me for money. I didn't have a dollar on me but I got my Big Skillet Combo with Cheese. So I tell homie I don't have no money and I offer him my fries. Duke looks at me like I just told him his breath stank! So I politely laughed and rolled my window up. He stared me down the rest of the time I was at the light until I pulled off like a bat out of hell.

So it's situations like this that make me rather say "here, have my sandwich, it's cool" than give someone I don't know $5 just because they are a "bum", or homeless or supposedly need some money. But that's just me. Sometimes I get caught slippin and I just give 'em some money to get out my face.

Anyway, I thought this was interesting: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/406398p-344125c.html

No comments: