Monday, April 17, 2006

Santi Budaya

This past Saturday, B-Mizzy and I went to check out my friend Voaranee's dance performace at George Washinton Univ. The dance performance was traditional Indonesian dance and it was put together by the Santi Budaya Group.

I must say that this was a pretty interesting performance. I am a bit out-of-touch (dare I say ignorant) when it comes to many cultures or the East so this was a pretty informative experience for me. From the musical instruments to self-expression through dance, I was pretty impressed with the entire show. Well, except for the corny guy who was co-MCing the entire event. His jokes were pretty dry and corny (kinda like mine).

Anyway, if you get a chance, check out the Santi Budaya's website (screenshot below). You may find some of the information posted there pretty interested and educational. Never hurts to absorb a little culture. Trust me, I'm learning how to absorb.

BIG THANKS to Voaranee for the invitation!

No comments: