Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chinese people do not care about "ugly" kids

Anybody notice a theme this week?

So I'm watching the boob tube television yesterday when I get home and I see something on the news about how China pulled a Milli Vanilli at the opening ceremony of the Olympics (which I only saw about the last 5-10 minutes of). Turns out that the little girl that was singing during the opening ceremony was actually a stand-in that lip-sync'd. Not a big deal I guess, until you learn why.

It turns out that the Chinese didn't want the young lady that was actually singing to be on screen because she wasn't cute enough and had "bad teeth" (Imma leave that one alone). Now I'll be honest and say that there are definitely some butt-ugly azz kids out here (yes, I'm going to hell, whatever) but it's the Olympics, who really cares bout how perty a 7 year old Chinese girl is?

The girl who was actually singing the song allegedly has jacked up teeth (which I can relate to) so the Chinese figured it'd be a better look to have a cuter girl be the face of the song (so to speak). This is kinda effed up but this type of effery happens covertly in many instances if you think about it. But you know how China rolls on that extra gully commmunist shyt when it comes to image and politics. You can't even have more than one kid there, can you? Not to mention they will block your InterWeb page from their entire country if you talk bad about them like I am trying hard not to do right now. So while you see all the beautiful sights there are to see in China while the Olympics are there just imagine how much jacked up shyt is going on that you will never hear about. Just ask these two girls...

3 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

me and my co-workers were talking about this yesterday...on the real, the US is JUST as vain...just as vain...and i could totally see us pulling some crap like that...and its probably happened before i just can't think of the specifics right now...HA!

Anonymous said...

True. I don't think it would have been reported the exact same way if this had happened in the U.S. either.

jendayi said...

my aunt and i were talking about this as well. my heart goes out to 'the other' little girl. her heart was probably broken in half.