Monday, September 22, 2008

Picture of the Day: Pride


I say pride because my man Dwayne (shown above with his wife at their wedding last Friday) has come a LONG LONG way in the time I've known him. We became friends in high school and he was one of the people in high school that I felt like I had a friendly intelligence competition with. We had the same computer class and probably a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head. But I remember he and I always being the first two people done with projects in Mr. Schlude's class. And I remember always being second out of the first two, LOL. To put it simply, dude was smart. Better yet, bright. One of those guys who was cool but also smart as shyt. I guess I looked at it as a friendly competition and we definitely had a mutual respect for one-another.

In the years since high school he's been through a huge obstacle and come out on the other side an even brighter, deeper, and more spiritual person. He's a man now. Handsome son, beautiful wife, great relationship, and so much more to come. I wish he and his wife all the best in the future and I'm glad and I'm proud that I can call him my friend. And I'm glad that I have been able to sit back and witness what is one of the most motivating and inspiring people I know.

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

this is awesome! he has really come a long way, we all have...thanks for sharing