Thursday, December 3, 2009

Weekly Football Picks - Week 13


I'm now in a 4-way tie for first place. That New England pick really screwed me or I'd be in the lead right now.

My team name this week is "Brees-ing By BeliCHUMP". If you can't figure out why you must have missed the game and/or score from Monday night. Drew Brees played one heck of a game.

Now for my picks...

Buffalo over NYJ...Buffalo has been playing well since they got their new coach and Ryan Fitzpatrick started playing QB full-time. I think this will be a tough game but the Bills will pull it out. They seem to be playing with a new fire. The Jet's defense will play the Bills tough but I think Buffalo will edge this one out.

Philadelphia over Atlanta...Even without DeSean Jackson and a iffy Westbrook coming off a concussion a few weeks ago, the Eagles still have enough talent to beat Atlanta. Especially win you consider that Philly has a better defense and Matt Ryan will be out and Michael Turner may also be out. When it comes down to it, the Eagles still have Donovan McNabb and I think he'll be the difference in this game.

Chicago over St. Louis...Cutler throws for 3 or 4 TDs and the Bears win.

Cincy over Detroit...This one might get U-G-L-Y!

Colts over Titans...This just in, Tennessee is giving up the second most yards per game passing in the league. Indy will give up a couple big runs to CJ on the carpet but I don't see the Colts having too much of an issue scoring on the Titans. I would really like to see Vince Young pull this off and solidify himself as the Comeback Player of the Year (which he already is if you ask me), but I don't think their defense is going to hold up against Peyton. Sure, CJ might score 3 or 4 times in this one but the Colts shouldn't have a problem coming right back down the field and scoring on that generous Titans defense.

Denver over Kansas City...Denver HAS TO win this game, and they will. That's the only logic I have in making this pick.

New England over Miami...Miami suffers because of that rout the Saints pulled off last week.

Pittsburgh over Oakland...Oakland beat Pittsburgh, IN PITTSBURGH? IN DECEMBER? I think NAUGHT!

Carolina over Tampa Bay...Tampa is 1 AND 10!!!! 1 AND 10!!! This is a divisional game so I wouldn't be surprised if they won it even if it's being played in Carolina. But seriously, they're 1 AND 10! I can't pick them against a team with as much talent (Jack DelBUM, not withstanding) as the Panthers.

Houston over Jacksonville...Neither of these teams are for real. I think Houston is the better team overall so I'm picking them.

Chargers over Browns...The Chargers continue to pulverize people for one more week. then they go to Dallas next week and lose a shoot-out to the CowGirls.

Giants over Dallas...Dallas has a soft run defense from time-to-time and I think this might be the week that they get exposed. Brandon Jacobs needs to get going early-and-often in this one and if so, I think the Giants win. The CowGirls can get on a roll offensively and score some points but I think the Giants defensive line will give Romo some problems this week. Yes, I know who DeMarcus Ware is, but I think the Giants will focus on running and controlling the clock with a few shots down the field here-and-there to Manningham and Smith.

49ers over Seattle...I say it EVERY WEEK almost, SEATTLE SUCKS! 49ers go up there and win!

Minnesota over Arizona...Arizona should have a chance in this one but Minnesota's defense is too good. I see Old Man Warner getting sacked a few times by Jared Allen in this one while Old Man Favruh can hand-off to AP and take a shot down the field with Harvin or Rice after the Cardinals defense starts to key on the run. Good luck with that, Cardinals.

Green Bay over Baltimore...Much like the Texans, the Ravens ARE NOT FOR REAL! The Ravens have a solid defense so lots of people want to believe that they're for real. But the truth is that the defense hasn't been as dominant the past couple of years as it had been in the years before that. And what appeared to be a juggernaut offense in the early part of the season has turned out to be just an average offense. With all that said, I still believe Ravens SHOULD win this game, but I don't think they will. Why? Because the game is in Green Bay. Baltimore is a better team (especially when you consider GB's offensive line) but Aaron Rodgers and the Pack can still throw the ball effectively in whatever the weather may be in Green Bay. The Raven's defensive backs are liabilities on every play with the exception of that kid with the dreadlocks. And unless Ray Rice scores 3 or more times I just don't see the Ravens pulling it off. Oh yeah, Green Bay's defense isn't too shabby either. They're #1 overall, first against the pass, and 4th against the run. The Raven's don't give up as many points per game though so this should be interested. But again, PACKERS WIN!

No comments: