Sunday, June 26, 2005

PHOTO: AAFRAM in Bmore

AAFRAM, the African American Heritage Festival, is an annual event in Bmore. This is one of the two events during the summer here that's guaranteed to be "on-point" and fun for all ages.

This year, T and I went on Friday evening. It was really nice. Crowded as hell, but nice. We saw Fertile Ground and India.Arie. I must say that Fertile Ground was pretty good, but India.Arie really impressed me with her stage performance, the show she put on, and of course, her singing ability. On top of all that, she looked GREAT!

I must admit that I have been a India.Arie hater in the past few years because I didn't think she was cute. I will eat those words right now because homegirl was looking good. And her personality comes through very nice and down-to-earth. I like that in a woman (shot out to T! Wassup babe!).

I only have one picture because we were a little too far away from the stage for me to zoom in and get a good shot. Not to mention black people were packed in like the Middle Passage out there.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Packed in like the middle passage"? You know, you see these things coming but then... you don't. Bet it was a little warm too. (I gotta move, we just don't get good show like that down here)