Monday, June 6, 2005

PHOTOS: Roll that beautiful Beantown footage...

So I told you guys there were a few things I HAD to do while in Beantown. Most of those things, I was lucky enough to do. So let me walk you through a few pictures (click on them for a larger version)...

First off, my hotel. The very luxurious and opulent Westin Copley Place...



This is the hotel I stayed in my first 3 nights in Boston while attending the Society for Scholarly Publishing Annual Conference. The Westin was connected to a really nice mall. A lil bit too rich for my blood but a very nice hotel. There was a Neiman Marcus and Saks in the mall as well as Prada, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Hugo Boss shops, just to mention a few. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time window-shopping. That's what you do when you're balling on a budget!!!

During those three days I had the opportunity to explore some of the things Boston had to offer. Including Copley Square, which was right across the street from my hotel.



A nice building right across the street from the hotel.



I also got the chance to do a little sight-seeing and I found a nice park right on the water. I decided I'd take a few pictures of this area as well...







One of the more interesting things I got to do in Beantown was check out the aquarium. Their aquarium is a LOT like Baltimore's. It's set-up almost exactly the same. I have to give the nod to Bmore's aquarium though.

Check it out...From the outside first though...





The next two are of the African penguins they had on exhibit. I wish T was with me to see these. You would have loved it! That's why I got you the t-shirt.





Many of you are probably familiar with the next set of pictures...You've probably gotten stung at the beach by one of these before.





I even got a shot of a lil pier off the backside of the aquarium...



To get the aquarium, ya boy had to learn the Boston subway system real quick...Naturally I picked it up quite fast...It's color-coded just like the DC line so it didn't take much...Couple shots of their subway are below. I must say though, their trains travel at a snail's pace. Slow as molasses compared to what I'm used to. Shot out to DC Metro...





Last but not least are my pictures from the Red Sox game on Friday night...Too much FUN!













Sipping on a nice brew...





I even have a lil bit of video from the 7th inning stretch at the Sox game (they beat the Angels 7-4)...

Download, save, and open with Windows Media Player...

Overall, I had a good time in Boston. I also went to Six Flags in New England on Saturday (sorry, no pics from that one)...I had a good time in Boston. I am definitely going to try and make it back.

No comments: