Friday, December 16, 2005

Bored At Work: AVATAR TIME!!!!

Okay, so I was bored at work Friday and I decided to create a Yahoo! Avatar of myself. This actually turned out to be pretty tight.

I've got a couple examples below. They're as close to my appearance as possible (using the Avatar features they have). There aren't really an abundant amount of items that black folks wear. And a lot of the things there are definitely not the way black folks would wear them. But it's still nice to be able to create a virtual version of yourself. I'm sure they'll incorporate more African-American culture into the designs at some point.

Examples of my Avatar:

This one's the Fall Foilage Miguel:



This one's the Seasonably Warm Miguel:



In the Avatar interface it's more animated though, which is pretty cool. I'm thinking Yahoo! is gonna spin this feature of their Yahoo! accounts into an online version of the Sims. That would be pretty cool and interesting (to me at least).

No comments: