Wednesday, December 14, 2005

ULTIMATE HUSTLA



For those of you who are like me and are addicted to reality TV shows on both BET and MTV, you may have seen the "Grande Finale" of the BET's Ultimate Hustla last night. This show isn't really all that good, but it's pretty entertaining watching all these people run around and try to please Dame Dash.

Dame alone is pretty entertaining by himself. I mean, I have fun just counting how many times he says "pause" when he talks so that he doesn't sound "soft" or gay. Aside from that, just the way Dame speaks in general is pretty entertaining. His pronunciations and facial expressions are pretty funny.

Since the show's over, I'll just drop some of my opinions abou the show:

1. Rachel Roy...I like her. I won't hate on Dame anymore than I already have for getting with a woman like Rachel. She's badd!

2. I like the fact that Dame isn't afraid to claim his wife and show the world he's a hip-hop mogul, but also a "husband" (yes, the quotes are necessary) and that he actually does have a wife that he claims in the publi eye. I mean, why not claim HER!

3. Dashawn should have kept his hat on at all times because those braids...Wheww!

4. Brian, the winner, was pretty on point with his "hustle", but I think he tried too hard at times to be "hip-hop" and he sounded kinda corny (to me at least). Especially in the last few shows when he was feeling himself.

5. Ray IS the TRUE hustler on that show! If you noticed, he and Brian have talked about Brian's pitch to Dame and I am sure that Ray's gonna get in on that action somehow and make some bread using Brian's idea.

6. How did Tichanda (howeveryouspellthatish) make it THAT far? I expected it to be Brian, Dashawn, and Ray. But Ray's real "around-the-way" hustler side came out too early and too often.

7. Deep down I was hoping that Kira would win.

8. BIGG's actually talks!

9. Dame has a lot of connections in the business, but will he really be able to remain on that level that he was on when the ROC was on top?

10. Dashawn had the tightest idea to pitch.

11. Does the winner actually get to make money off his idea or was the point of the show just to see how much money they could make Dame?

And if you think I'm boring or not talkative enough, read someone else's opinion.

1 comment:

Lawrenorder said...

In business #11 is ALWAYS how much $$$ you make the boss.