Thursday, December 15, 2005

Soundtrack of My Life...

What is the soundtrack of your life? This question was posed by my buddy Lauren on her BLOG. I thought this was a very interesting and thought-provoking question. If I had to make a soundtrack of my life, what would be on it? Who would I leave off? What CDs, songs, artists rode that emotional rollercoaster with me over the years. Who got me hype and siced me? Who helped me through the tough times with my girlfriend(s)? Who made me want to go and break a nukka's neck?

Well, I gave it a quick 5-minute think through, and here what I came up with thus far. I am sure I'll be adding to this as time goes on...


Tribe Called Quest & Anything Wu Tang - Middle School

Biggie, Nas, and Pac - Early High school

Devin the Dude, Scarface, Rare Essence (go-go band), UGK - Junior/Senior Years of High School

Scarface, Jay-Z, Outkast - Freshman Year of College

Anything Rocafella, Erykah Badu, Maxwell, Anything Cash Money - Sophomore and Junior Years of College

State Property CD #1, Jay-Z, Christion, Dave Hollister, Jill Scott,Erykah Badu, Vivian Green, Alicia Keys - Senior Year of College

Kanye West, Freeway, Alicia Keys, Jaheim, Beanie Sigel, T.I., GAME, KEM, Raphael Saadiq, John Legend, Vivian Green, Jay-Z, Kindred, Anthony Hamilton, goapele, Young Jeezy, Lyfe - Since college graduation in 2002 until now

It's hard to say "this is it, nothing else" because I have listened to so many different CDs and songs. Also, I have listened to different genres, but they have not had the impact that these have, or should I say, they haven't had the rotation. It's interesting just to sit back and think about all those moments you had in life and what you may have been listening to during that moment, right before, or right after. Not to mention what you had in heavy rotation in your CD player or tape deck back then.

No comments: