Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Kanye shoots the cheapest video EVER produced by Hype Williams

I remember back in the day when rappers were bragging about how they shot a video with Hype for $1 million or more. Now it seems Kanye tried his best to shoot this one for less than $10,000.



Couple lines that I thought were slick.

"So I parallel, double-park that moth%rf@cker sideways" Don't ask me why. LOL.

"So if the devil wear prada, Adam Eve wear nada/
I'm in-between but way more fresher/"


Itemized Budget:
  • Airfare to salt flats in Utah - $300
  • BLAsian girl - $1000
  • Camborghini - $0 (probably Kanye's already)
  • Wardrobe - $0 (already in the closet)
  • Cheezy smoke in the background - $20 machine from Spencers
  • Hype Williams (direction, editing, etc.) - $100,000 (you probably can't get him for anything less than that)
---------------------------------------------------
GRAND TOTAL: $101,320

Oddly enough, I am starting to like this song. I always thought the lyrics were pretty on-point (just pay attention to the pattern of rhyme) but that the beat was missing something. I guess I've gotten used to the beat (even with the awkward Jeezy adlibs) now. And I think the simplicity of the video makes at interesting. If this video makes it past the #8 spot on 106 & South Park I will be shocked. Then again, there is the whole payola factor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! That is quite an interesting take on the video. This was my favorite cut off the album when I first got it. Then, when I saw the video, I was like, "that's it?" I watched it again, and I have to admit, Ye is a genius. He always manages to slip a message in there, and he definitely did with this vid.

Anonymous said...

This song really grew on me pretty quickly after I started hearing it over and over again. Then I heard the album and it was OVER after I heard Flashing Lights. That's my favorite on the album.

Kanye does have a real good talent for putting these conceptual videos together though.