Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Summer In Baltimore...



My personal favorite shot from that video is the guy helping the kid onto the dirtbike who's too short to jump on it himself. That's parenting for ya!

Then again, maybe it's the credit line at the end of the video that says U-Tube.com. And in case you're wondering, that is supposed to read "youtube.com". With that said, I think Mayor Dixon has a larger problem on her hands than dirtbikes. Can we say, education?

Some other things that highlight the summer in Baltimore (in order of outrageousness):
  1. Murder
  2. An influx of tourists --> Robberies
  3. Increasing number of panhandlers near the harbor (this could probably also be attributed to the influx the tourists)
  4. The Orioles sucking
  5. Shorts that look like jeans but are really shorts
  6. Colorful hairdos
  7. Big girls wearing little girl clothes
  8. Kids selling water on every corner of every street everywhere
And I couldn't list all that without listing some of the good things:
  1. Jazzy Summer Nights every first Thursday
  2. Druid Hill Park on the weekends
  3. ArtScape
  4. The African American Heritage Festival
  5. Crabs...The kind you eat...Outside...With your friends.
  6. The Harbor during the daytime (LOL)
  7. Happy Hours throughout the city
  8. Harbor cruises
  9. Fells Point or Canton on a Friday night
  10. Friday evenings at Belvedere Square
  11. WashWorks on Saturday morning when all the ladies get their cars washed for the weekend
  12. Westside cookouts
  13. Eastside parties
Just like any other city, Baltimore has its good things and its bad things. For the past few years I (with help from my boys BHill, Osei, Lionel, and Vinny) have been focusing on the good moreso than the bad. And hence, have found ways to enjoy myself. It's still not MY CITY though. I just live here. LOL.

5 comments:

jendayi said...

Well I wish you many a happy summer days and nights in Baltimore. Hopefully you'll be using the good list to leverage most of your posts this summer. Looking forward to reading...

Daneger said...

"shorts that look like jeans but are really shorts" LMMFAO....those must be them capris with the strings at the bottom that they be wearing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks JAC!

Dane, you would be right my good friend. LOL

It is What It Is... said...

I can't believe you Mikesee!!! WOW!!!! Let me find out...you're officially from Bea-ti-more...

OK - I'm going to forward this post to all of my home girls from the city...geeze! lol

Anonymous said...

"It's still not MY CITY though. I just live here."