Monday, August 6, 2007

pRon at work: Not as fun as I thought it would be

Let me first say that this post is not going to go the way you'd probably expect so don't get your hopes up AND don't think that you'll have to be disappointed in me for doing something that's gross.

Anyway, I work for a publishing company and we publish all kinds of materials (journals, books, references materials, etc.) and it just so happens that we've got some journal content about to launch online as a part of our database of scholarly journals, that has some pRonographic content.

Needless to say this caused quite the stir of witty remarks throughout the office. The pRono content actually hit the office last week and the "joke train" took off pretty quickly. It's really just a collection of pics that will supplement the content of scholarly literature. But needless to say, once the joking began, so did the level of curiosity for most of the people who work in my department (including me). Not that anyone wanted to seriously look at this stuff like they do may at home, but if you worked in a publishing environment (of course) you'd be a little curious to see what kind of pRonographic content was going to be published as part of scholarly literature.

This curiosity was quickly squelched when one of my co-workers decided to use her iMac to create a slideshow of the content for in-house viewing. Yes, a slide show! What ensued was a mass-gathering of people at her cube to watch what I would call one of the most tasteless displays of pictures I've seen in quite some time. They should have titled this crap "Hot pRono Mess!" Though the pics were a little more direct than this ad...



... you can trust me when I say that the pics are not going to win anyone an AVN award, that's for sure!

Needless to say, scholarly pRon is probably what you'd expect it to be... Pictures of the genitalia of scholars! Which by the way, is quite gross. Who would have guessed that scholarly genitalia is even more difficult to look at than the genitalia of people of average or little intelligence? Okay, I'm joking. But it was some shiddy pRon by pRonographic standards. You know, if you have any pRon standards. Not that I do.

I was pretty disgusted with most of the images because there's something about hardcore pRonography that's just gross and seems unnecessary to film/photo. Then again, all that West Coast Production ish I *used to watch* did get kinda over-the-top as well.

Anyway, the point of this post is to let you know that you might think it's funny/humorous to be allowed to view pRon at work until you realize that looking at pRon with your co-workers while at work is like...Ehhhh, watching pRon with people that you work with. I mean who watches pRon with someone other than his/herself or a *significant other* anyway? Don't answer that. Please!

Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see how many hits this pRonographic content gets when it is launched online.

Disclaimer: This post was not Ron Jeremy approved.

4 comments:

thee modern isis said...

Wow that's deep and I omg'd at that Dure.x ad.

Watching p.orn with your co-workers is nasty... I don't even want to picture a co-worker in that kind of setting. It's like driving around on the street and see a Escalade truck on 26 inch rims in front of you packed with dudes.. you notice they have a couple of tv's going in the headrests. You look closely.. and they're watching p.orn.

It's just things you do not do.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ that Escalade comment b/c I've definitely seen that before. I've even seen guys in the car by themselves who have pRon on the televisions in their headrests. Meaning they can't see it but everyone else can. Weird.

jendayi said...

WHAT?! You guys have seen men do that before? Are you serious?! Why am I always so shocked at the crazy things that people do?

Anonymous said...

Most definitely. I think when it first started getting popular to have Tvs in your car dudes were really posing by playing movies (pRon and otherwise) and now it's kind of fallen off a bit because it's so common for people to have Tvs in their cars now.

But yeah, you're kind of late on this one. I can't believe you haven't seen that at least once or twice in your trips to/from a club/lounge over the last few years.