Thursday, August 30, 2007

Stadium Status


That's Kanye's new shyt I see. All of his songs so far from this Graduation album have that large and emcompassing sound that sounds great in stadiums (like the Wembley joint in England). And he seems to have that sound shyt down (Can't Tell Me Nothing, Good Life, Big Brother, etc). Not that I have heard the whole thing or anything. The sound of these songs would definitely would make me go to a Kanye concert though. But then again, I'm probably a closet Kanye STAN just like a I'm a closet (not so much in the closet) Jay-Z STAN.

The more I think of it, it's kind of an ingenious plan by Kanye (if that is part of his plan) considering how nobody is making money off record sales anymore (or moving units like they used to for that matter). But artists will always make decent money off of tours. So if his music sounds like it's conducive to stadium listening, then his concerts will (probably) attract more people and he'll make more dough. He's probably got enough of a following for record sales to not be an issue but this may provide a blueprint for other artists.

Good Life (feat. T-Pain)

"Imma get on this TV mama!" The track is hot! I know lots of people complain about T-Pain but I can take T-Pain a little better when he's on someone else's song and not doing an entire joint by himself ("Buy You a Drink" notwithstanding).

Oh yeah, watch how many people (including me) start using "apeshyt" to describe someone that's doing something crazy/wild/silly. "Go ahead go nuts, go apeshyt".

No comments: