Wednesday, February 8, 2006

All-time LOW for people I supposedly look like

Comparisons of me and celebs has taken a turn for the worst everyone. Last night at Koopers I was told by a random busboy that I looked like Darryl M. Bell, also known as Ron Johnson from the TV show "A Different World". If you take a look at the A Different World link you'll see him (barely I admit) on the far right of the picture.



This further supports my theory/postulation that all light-skinned black men appear the same to those who aren't "in the loop". And you know precisely what I mean by "in the loop". I look ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like this dude other than...we're both light-skinned black guys. So there it is.

Of course this just brought up comments like "Nah son you look just like Swizz Beatz though!" Not to mention statements like "Yo, at least Swizz is rich!"

Allow me to retort. #1 - Nobody has ever ever ever said to me "Swizz Beatz is an ayight looking dude" (male) OR "Swizz Beatz is fine as hell" (female); #2 - Swizz is RICH! But guess who isn't! So yeah, being compared to a rich dude is cool. But being compared to a rich dude who ain't "ayight looking" or "fine". I don't know how good that is.

Some pictures of Swizz:







Now I will admit that since I am rocking the full beard (like Swizz in the last picture) that there is a resemblance there. So I can't completely deny the accusation that I look like him (yes, accusation). However, as soon as I cut the beard at the crack of summer people are no longer gonna be saying that I look like Swizz...It'll probably turn into Grant Hill or Joe Budden or something.

WACK JUICE! Here's a picture of me:

2 comments:

Lawrenorder said...

It is both humerous and sad that you revisit this topic at least once a year. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

LOL. It's not me bringing it up. People bring it up and I am forced to RAGE about it!