Monday, February 4, 2008

This is why they call it HAPPY Hour


You know how some of your co-workers tell you casually during the day they're going to Happy Hour on Friday, right? You've got those co-workers that you know are going to Happy Hour to sit around, chat, and blow off some steam after the work day is done. But not in a wild, partying type of way. The sit, chat, and have a drink and go home type of way.

Then you've got those co-workers that you think "I know this fool is going to act an d@mn fool after work when he gets to that Happy Hour." I'd like to think that I fall somewhere in-between those two categories when I tell my co-workers, "I'm going to D.C. tonight to hit a Happy Hour!" But regardless of what I'd like to think, I'm sure that after seeing some of my pictures from parties at my old apartment or vacations, they're probably thinking the latter of those two statements above.

And I have to admit, this past Friday was definitely more on the wild side. All in good fun though. LOL. Let me give a little background. On the cruise I went on in Jan. (yes, I'm going to do a post on the cruise) there were some people I met that live in the D.C. area but said they didn't really go out that much. So Woo and I decided to offer up some places that we thought would be cool. Because we obviously only know about cool places to go (uh...yeah, right). Turns out that when we got back home that conversation/discussion turned into everyone wanting to get-together and go out. So we decided to go to POSH but that didn't pan out so after one hell of an assist (read: recommendation) from K.C., we decided to go to Park @ Fourteenth. I'd never been before and the website looked nice so I figured it was worth a shot. Boy, was it! Well for the most part anyway...

Great food...CHECK!
Beautiful people...CHECK!
Nice atmosphere and furnishing...CHECK!
Music...Ehhh, not so much!

Nevertheless, I still had one of the most fun and memorable Happy Hour experiences I've had in a while. My man L even called me and said he'd "never seen [me] as happy as [I] was Friday". Wow! Then again, he's never gone to Miami with me. LOL. But Friday night was so much fun there's no way I could not share it with everybody. Enjoy!

L and ChokolatSoda, two of my best friends from college



Me, L, and Andy. I just met Andy that night and this guy is hilarious!



See what I mean?



I look so drunk in this picture. I wasn't (at this point, LOL), but the cabernet was mean and vicious!



My favorite picture so far.



Travelitis...Info on the next cruise info is coming soon people!



Cute.



Finally Woo doesn't blink his eyes in the picture. About time!



This was above the toilet in the bathroom. Am I the only person who finds it funny that this particular quote is in the bathroom at a nightspot? Maybe I just have a dirty mind. Okay, I'm sure I have a dirty mind (at times). LOL.

No comments: