Friday, June 20, 2008

Canada! Oh Canada!


I'm heading to Montreal next week for work. Well, not to actually perform any real work, but for a work-related conference. While I'm there I'd like to see as much of Montreal as I possibly can. I've never been to Canada before but I always hear good things so I'm starting to get a tad bit excited.

If anybody has been to Montreal before and has any suggestions as to places I should go (besides the strip clubs up there since everyone seems to be suggesting that), please drop a comment.

Tangentially, it's been a pretty fantastic year for me so far with regard to traveling. I've been on a cruise to Key West, Cayman Island, Ocho Rios; Miami; a ski trip to Seven Springs PA; Massanutten resort in Virginia; Atlanta; Boston; and now Montreal. It's definitely been the best year of travel for me yet.

Thank you God for giving me the opportunity to see all these places!

Before the year's done I'll also have been to Vegas, Miami again, and maybe Fort Lauderdale or VA Beach. I get the feeling this Canada trip is going to give me the impetus I need to travel outside of the U.S. more often.

Remember, if you have any suggestions on what to check out in Montreal, please leave a comment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!
I was born in Montreal! It's a great place to live. You are very lucky to be taking a trip there. Some good places are the restaurant called Clear View, and the strip club, Bubble Bath! Even though you said no Strip clubs, you can't miss that one.
have fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I'll definitely check out the restaurant. And something tells me that when I get there I'm gonna end up at a strip club at some point.

LOL.

Daneger said...

Man I feel you on that travel outside of the country stuff. I want to start doing that too...just not to big on being in a plane for 8+ hours to hit the places I want to go too.

Anonymous said...

Well how else you gon' get there homie? LOL