Tuesday, June 10, 2008

NaS...Very warm and d@mn near HOT!


I challenged Mr. Jones once... Then second-guessed that... Now I'm totally recanting my shyt...Without further adieu, the video for "Be A Nigger Too" by NaSiR JoNeS.



That shyt is historic!...Most meaningful hip-hop video in the last [insert number here] years...

I don't think I've seen a rapper be this provocative with a video in at least 10 years, probably more.

The video definitely makes the song more impactful (ok, so that's not a word, whatever). I probably wouldn't have challenged the song as much as I did if I'd seen the video first. The imagery adds so much more to it.

Also, "Black President" by NaSiR JoNeS.

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

Wow! i MUST share this with my youth...they HAVE to see this the imagery...its something like what we are doing at the end of the year show, KC is producing it...its going to be AWESOME you should check it out

Anonymous said...

"you should check it out."

If I'm in town...

M.C. said...

Okay, I'm just going to say it, there has never been a hip hop video this meaningful...not Self-Destruction, We're All In the Same Gang, Fight the Power - NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO THIS!

I am a HUGE Nas fan. Kind of the same way that you have a Man-Crush on Hova, OMG! I can't wait until his album drops. I knew it too, I knew it when I saw him at the Grammys and he and Kelis were wearing those jackets with the "N" word spelled out on them.

People have to realize that Nas is not playing. He realizes
that we are on the brink of having a black president for the first time in this country and we as black people have to step our game up. A lot of us have to stop cooning for massa and be the kings and queens that we truly are. FOLKS ARE NOT READY!

One more thing, where do you get your music clips? I feel like I need an IT training session when I come across your blog. FANTASTIC post!

Anonymous said...

HOLLUP! Man crush on Hova? Whatever. Dude's just the best, simple and plain.

Anyway, this NaS video was worth all the hype on the InterWeb and this Nigger Tape I've been listening to is an extension of that video. Some old verse retreads but also some new and thought-provoking material. The track "Association" had me rewinding at least 3 or 4 times before the third verse. And my MAN Joell Ortiz rips that Ghetto Remix.

I agree with you about NaS's timing. This is the PERFECT opportunity for an album like this to drop with Barack making a run at the white house. It's going to be interesting to see how the media handles this one.

Where do I get my music clips? Come on now, you know a gentleman never tells, LOL. It varies, but nahright.com usually posts all the stuff I talk about.