Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm just bumpin my music

As usual, I'm listening to a rack of different stuff during the day. Just sharing these and giving a few random comments on each.

Hot Stylz - Lookin' Boy Remix (feat. Yung Joc, Kellz)

Kellz crazy azz murked this joint. You might have seen my original post for this track a while ago where I predicted that it would blow. Now that Kellz has jumped on it (no 12-year old girl) I think the probability of that happening just went up even more. We'll see how long it takes...



Lupe Fiasco - Cold World

Unreleased joint that most definitely should have been released. No Johnny Gill. I wonder if this is a Kanye beat. Definitely one of the dopest beats I've heard Lupe over in a minute. I'm feeling the piano and the Wu-Tang "Cream" sample in this one.



Lil Overrated/Overhyped Wayne (feat. Bobby V) - Mrs. Officer

This is my shyt! Period! Weeee-oooooh-weee-ooooh-weee! Like I said, I'm a closet Bobby V. fan.



Lloyd (feat. "Lil See Reference Above") - All Around the World

Seriously, Lloyd sounds like a friggin' girl. With that said, why do I like his daggon songs so much! I guess it's me getting in touch with my feminine side (shut the fock up Dane). The Paid in Full rip on the beat and Lil "Verse Recycler's" verse pays nice homage to the original Eric B. and Rakim track.



Wale - The Crazy

Wale is next up!

"You're crazy!"

"Am I? Or am I so sane, that you just blew your mind?!"



Lil "Syrup Sipper" (feat. the G.O.A.T. Jay-Z) - Mr. Carter

The song on C3 that most people are/were eager to hear. One of the best 3 tracks on the album, EASILY.



Lil "Put the Vocoder Down" - Dr. Carter

This is real hip-hop right here. Wayne should stick to songs that are this creative, and lyrical. Not all that cookie-cutter radio crap.




Alfamega - Uh Huh

"This a Nitti beat!". Alfamega (who I first heard on TI's "Hurt" where he dropped a mean azz verse) comes with a club joint heavily co-signed by TIPPORD. It might be a good look just to get Alfamega on the map. Like Bloodraw, I've been feeling Alfamega since day one and I'm hoping some of my favorite up-and-coming artists start getting some shine like Ortiz, Drizzle, Bloodraw, and Alfamega. There are others but these are the first few I thought of off the top of my head.

6 comments:

M.C. said...

This post is hilarious. I posted about that Hot Stylz remix earlier this week. But umm err uhhh...are you sure you don't have something to tell us?

Case in point...

"Like I said, I'm a closet Bobby V. fan."
Closet...why, it's okay to like Bobby V, remember when he was in Mista?

"Lloyd sounds like a friggin' girl. With that said, why do I like his daggon songs so much! I guess it's me getting in touch with my feminine side..."
Well first, I can answer that first part, you like his songs so much because he DOES sound like a girl. If we didn't know what he looked like, we would think it was a damn girl! Hell, I feel like I should be singing that song. Now on to the second part, in touch with your feminine side??? LOL!

I am just playing with you, very funny post, and I still can't believe you said..."No Johnny Gill," LMAO!

Anonymous said...

No Johnny Gill

M.C. said...

OMG@that earlier post! No Sugar Ray??? LMAOOOOOOOOOO! That's funny because those pics of him and Eddie were from Johnny's 40th birthday party and my friends and I were saying the same thing, they do look extra sweet.

But then again, maybe it's just a look...maybe Eddie and Johnny really are friends...although I wouldn't be surprised if they got married.

By the way, are you still struggling with Teh Gays?

Anonymous said...

I can't put anything past Eddie and Johnny. Especially with Eddie's history of having dealt with that transvestite. His ex-wife looks kinda tranny if you ask me. And he's got another grown-azz man living with him. And on top of that, all these guys have questionable attire, gestures, and facial expressions (I mean just look at SugaRY Ray in that last post, come on!

Anywho, I don't have a problem with homosexuals/gays. To each his own. I can't say I agree with the lifestyle but I can't impose what I believe on others, just do me and try to understand and be tolerant of them.

Daneger said...

That Lupe joint is tough. I wonder why he didn't have that joint on the album. Definitely would have been one of the 5 best tracks on The Cool.

Anonymous said...

I know, right!?!