Thursday, November 12, 2009

Weekly Football Picks - Week 10


I'm back on track now. One point out of first place after only getting 3 picks wrong last week. I feel my momentum picking back up now. Team name this week...

"ClintonTortoise"

If you can't figure out why, oh well. Dude's been running like one all year.

*DISCLAIMER: There's a Thursday night game this week so my picks are subject to change between Friday and Sunday depending on what side of the bed I wake up on.

San Francisco over Chicago. I'll take San Francisco at home in this one. Chicago isn't consistent and neither is San Fran but I think the 49ers will be more motivated in this one. By the way, will anybody actually be watching this game? Is this on the NFL Network and if so does that come with the standard Comcast package? It would be nice to have football on in the background while I do some work but I don't even know if I'll have access to the NFL's shiddy channel.

Tennessee over Buffalo. Tennessee seems to be clicking a little better with Vince Young at the helm. Yeah, the same Vince Young most people had given up on. I see you, HI HATER!

Saints over Rams. The Saints might score 100 points. This is going to be a good game for Mr. Kardashian.

Miami over Tampa Bay. Tampa got their first win last week but this will not be win #2. Miami is the best NFL team in Florida.

Vikings over Detroit. Adrian Peterson rushes for 200+ in this one. They might as well rest old man Favruh for this one. Detroit couldn't beat Suitland's varsity squad this year. Which is saying this...The REDSKINS couldn't beat Suitland's varsity squad OR the Lions. Embarrassing!

Jets over Jags. I think the Jets defense will find a way to hold MJD to a manageable amount of yardage this week. The Jets need this win.

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati. After beating the Broncos in Denver how can you pick against the Steelers at home in a divisional game that they NEED to win? The Bengals could be undefeated right now and I still wouldn't beat against Tomlin, Ben, and Hines.

Denver over Washington. Denver in a rout over my Skins. I bet Knowshon gets his first 100+ yard game. If Jason Campbell can't throw TDs against weak corners, what's he gonna do with Denver's corners? Clusterfock!

Carolina over Atlanta. This is my upset special this week. Carolina proved last week that they still have something left in the tank. This is prime game for Atlanta to get caught slippin' in. If DeAngelo and Jonathan get going, it is a WRAP for Atlanta.

Kansas City over Oakland. Come on, did you really think I would pick the Raiders? If you think about it Larry Johnson should be signed by the Raiders just off of the strength (or lack thereof) of his character. Or maybe so Tom Cable can smack him around like he does his assistant coaches.

Dallas over Green Bay. I hate to say it, but the Cowboys look half-decent. I still don't believe they'll make it past the first round of the play-offs but they look good, I'll give them credit. This just in...Tony Romo is the QB equivalent of Norv Turner as a head coach. No team will ever win a championship with Romo at QB or Norv as head coach. Isn't that right LaDanian?

Arizona over Seattle. The Cardinals are iffy in games like this but I can't stand Seattle so eff it. I am rooting for my man Larry Fitzgerald in this one.

San Diego over Philly. Remember what happened to the Eagles the last time they went to the West Coast this year? They played HORRIBLY against the Raiders. I feel another one coming on and this time against a much better team than the Raiders. San Diego in a close one.

New England over Indy. Indy's secondary injuries will be brought to the forefront this week. Unless Dwight Freeney is in the backfield EVERY time Brady drops back, I think the Pats will pull out the win in Indy. Yes, I'm betting against Peyton. I don't want to but I have a gut feeling on this one. This is a statement game for the Bradicheck Bunch.

Baltimore over Cleveland. No way Baltimore loses this game. Period.

No comments: