Friday, November 6, 2009

Weekly Football Picks - Week 9


After a not-so-bad week last week I'm now in 3rd place (down by two points from the leader). I'm changing my team name to "Team No Name" this week because I'm not feeling very creative with the naming this week. My picks are below.

Atlanta over my Redskins. At Atlanta there's no way I could pick us in this game. Not to mention all the drama/hoopla surrounding the Skins right now.

Arizona over Chicago. I didn't want to pick Arizona but I think this is a winnable game for them. Which Jay Cutler you'll get is a toss-up. Which Kurt Warner you'll get is a toss-up. I'm gonna go with my gut and take Arizona based on how they played against the Giants. The loss to Carolina was a day when everything possible went bad for Kurt Warner so I'll bet that it won't be that bad again.

Baltimore over Cincinnati. I don't think the Ravens will lose this game after having lost to the Bengals once already. I do think it's funny that Ocho Cinco sent some Ravens players deodorant because "that's the only thing that can cover" him, LOL.

Indy over Houston. I don't really believe in the Texans but the Colts secondary is depleted by injuries. This is a prime opportunity for Houston to step up. But in the end, how can you pick against Peyton Manning at home against the Texan's defense?

New England over Miami. Miami won't win this game IN New England.

Green Bay over Tampa Bay. After losing to Brett Favruh, the Packers will rebound well against the Bucs.

Jacksonville over Kansas City. MJD much? Sidebar: I think it's probably appropriate that the Chiefs fans have petitioned to keep Larry Johnson from breaking the Chiefs rushing record. He's an azzhole.

Saints over Panthers. It'll be closer than people think through a half or maybe even through 3 quarters. After that, it's a wrap!

Seattle over Detroit. I can't stand the Seahawks but Detroit just doesn't have a good enough team to beat Hasselback and his crew of mediocre talent. What does that say about Detroit's talent?

Chargers over Giants. Eli has not been the same since his foot injury. The Chargers have a good enough secondary to risk blitzing Eli to confuse him and force him to make some errant throws. Phillip Rivers is a solid enough QB to take advantage of the Giants poor safety play. Vincent Jackson has a big day.

49ers over Tennessee. *yawn*. But I can only imagine the pain Patrick Willis is going to inflict in this game.

Philly over Dallas. Dallas typically looks good for a few weeks and then loses a game like this against a team that's solid. All the coverage is going to get rolled to DeSean Jackson so I expect Jeremy Maclin to have a big day. Jackson is such a beast though he still may get his yards and a TD. And Philly's at home too so that might mean a just a little lol.

Pittsburgh over Denver. This was the toughest pick to make this week. The weather doesn't really matter because Pittsburgh is used to playing in cold weather. Denver's defense is playing well and I think they will play well in this game. But containing Ben is not an easy thing to do and Hines and Santonio are pretty crafty and reliable. Not to mention as far as QBs go, Kyle Orton can't takeover a game like Ben. This is going to be a close one but in the end I think the difference will be Big Ben's ability to lead his team and takeover a game.

No comments: