Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Weekly Football Picks - Week 12


It's Turducken week in the NFL so you know what that means. Wack-azz Detroit Lions and punk-azz CowGirls get the Thursday games. This year we've got (thankfully) the Giants against the Broncos which might actually turn out to be a decent game. Why is it that the Lions and CowGirls get all the Thanksgiving games anyway? One team is never a contender and the other is a contender that won't make it past the first round of the play-offs regardless. Wouldn't it make more sense to put the Patriots and Colts on Thanksgiving from here on out? Think about it, Roger.

This week I'm changing my name to the super boring and completely unoriginal "Turkey Week". Get over it and check out my picks.

Green Bay over Detroit. Seriously, it's Detroit. Aaron Rodgers throws for 300+ in this one by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Dallas over Oakland. Dallas is wack but I don't think they'll lose this one at home. This is a statement game for them. They need to pulverize the Raiders at home just to prove that they don't suck as much as I know they do and everyone else has started to think they do after the last two weeks.

Giants over Denver. Denver was exposed in the loss to the Ravens. Since then, everyone has them dialed in and is not having a problem stopping them. I don't see that changing this week. I see a lot of Denver's QB (Orton or Simms) being hurried into quick throws or sacked.

Atlanta over Tampa. If this game were in Tampa I might have picked the Bucs. Atlanta plays well at home and if Michael Turner is back in the line-up I think this will be an easy win.

Miami over Buffalo. T-Ho looked good last week but that's not a performance I'm expecting to start becoming a regular occurrence. Actually, I don't even expect a performance half as good as that to become regular. Miami has a solid defense for the most part and I don't think Buffalo will be able to stop Ricky Williams. It's a divisional game so you never know but I'm going to go with the Dolphins.

Cincinnati over Cleveland. The Browns lost to Detroit last week. The Bengals have swept the Ravens and Steelers this year and lost to Oakland, Houston, and Denver (all 3 of which would beat the brakes off Cleveland, well maybe not Oakland). If the Bengals lose this game then they are who I thought they were at the beginning of this season (word to Dennis Green). Sad part is that the Bengals are going to win the division and then pull a CowGirls and get ousted in the first round of the play-offs.

Seattle over St. Louis. I really want to pick the Rams in this one. They got blown out by Seattle in Week 1 and I'm sure they want some revenge. But it's the d@mn Rams, lol. I just don't believe that they can actually stop Seattle's mediocre offense. I'm expecting T.J. Houshyamama to have a big game this week. Hopefully Justin Forsett/Julius Jones does also because I'm starting at least one of them on my fantasy squad this week.

Jets over Carolina. I'm going to be pissed when the Panthers beat the Jets. Watch! Yes, I know what I just typed.

Philly over Washington. Redskins beat Philly...In Philly? This year? Yeah right. DeSean Jackson FTW!

Indianapolis over Houston. Divisional trap game for Indy but I'm not betting against Peyton.

San Diego over Kansas City. I don't care if Kansas City won last week. This is part of that mid-season winning streak San Diego needs to pull-off before they lose to the CowGirls in two weeks and squeak into the play-offs like they usually do. Norv Turner FTSwindle!

Jacksonville over San Francisco. I wasn't really sure who to pick in this one so I went with MJD.

Arizona over Tennessee. Just in case you haven't noticed, Arizona is undefeated on the road this year. That includes wins at Jacksonville, NYG, Seattle, Chicago, and St. Louis. Also, take a look at who Tennessee has beaten on their streak. Soooooo, if Kurt plays and is actually healthy, I think Arizona wins. BUT, if Kurt doesn't play, I will be changing my pick to Tennessee on Sunday morning. Chris Johnson can't be stopped, only contained. If the Cardinals can put points on the board and contain CJ, they'll be okay. But they won't be able to put points on the board if pretty/party boy Matt Leinart is behind center.

Minnesota over Chicago. Minnesota only loses one game for the rest of the regular season and you better believe that THIS GAME is NOT it.

Ravens over Steelers. No Polamalu. No win. Ravens beating the Steelers at home is almost as good as the Ravens winning the Superbowl. Seriously, I live in Baltimore and I used to live in the D.C. area so I know about a average team having false-hope and treating a divisional win like it's the Superbowl. Hold up, I just admitted that, SHYT!

New England over Saints. Sorry boys, the undefeated streak ends here. Brady and them will make a strong statement this week.

No comments: