Tuesday, July 5, 2005

PHOTOS: Fourth of July Weekend

This weekend was filled with a lot of activities and a lot of fun. Friday night, T and I went to the movies and caught Mr. and Mrs. Smith. This movie was okay. A bit unrealistic towards the end where they're in the middle of a gun-fight and seemingly performing ballet moves while killing tons of people. It was a bit much for me, but overall it was a pretty good movie. I can't hate on it and tell you not to see it.

Saturday B, Kev, and I held the Sweetest Taboo party at B's place. The theme of the party was a dessert party along with Taboo! (the game). The turn-out was less than expected (shocker) but the dozen or so people who came had a good time. Shot out to everyone who came. Shot out to Kev on the punch and B on the wings!

Sunday morning T and I went to church with JRock. First time I've been to church in a minute. They have a nice church (the Metropolitan Baptist Church in D.C.) and the service was nice. Afterward we all went to brunch at Potowmac Landing in Virginia where we met up with a bunch of other friends and had MIMOSA's (YES!!!!) and a brunch buffet. This brunch was to congratulate my man JRock on his engagement. Congratulations again homie!

Here's a picture of Teia before we left for church Sunday morning...




After brunch, T and I hit the road for Williamsburg, VA for two days at Busch Gardens and Water Country. It took us about 3 hours to get there and once we arrived and checked in at our hotel, we headed straight for Busch Gardens to get on some rides. I now realize that I enjoy riding roller coasters much more at night than during the daytime. There's something a little more scary/exciting about riding at night and not really knowing what's coming up next. Sunday night was cool. We rode the Big Bad Wolf and the Alpengeist (my favorite at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg).

Monday (July 4th), we went to Water Country USA once we got up and checked out of the hotel. Water Country was actually a pleasant surprise for me. The last time I was there I thought it was a tad bit small, but they must have added some attractions since the last time I was there b/c it definitely seemed bigger. We hit the wave pool that they have there. I thought T was gonna drown a couple times (JOKE) out there, but aside from that, it was fun! And of course, we got on several water rides. Being out in the sun for so long kinda beats up on you so eventually we got some frozen lemonade and found some seats in the shade. "Chillin in the shade, drinking a lil lemonade"...Shot out to Dougie Fresh...We left Water Country and headed to Busch Gardens for the remainder of the day. We hit up all the rides we missed the prior day and watched the fireworks show.

Here are some pictures:


Got me petting this big-a$$ horse. Fellas, I was scared as hell. I can't even front!


Teia making some wine...








Busch Gardens had a VERY nice fireworks show. This was another pleasant surprise. I was impressed.

Overall it was a VERY nice weekend! Seems like the summer is almost over. Or maybe it's just me. I've got a decent amount of plans to look forward to before Labor Day so I should enjoy summer and then...."Dear Summer, I know you gon' miss me..."

No comments: