Monday, July 25, 2005

PHOTOS: WEEKEND IN Review

So...I ate on the Blue Sea and crashed a wedding on Friday...Went UPANDUP on Saturday...And feasted on crabs Sunday. It doesn't get much better than that!

Friday...I got treated to the Blue Sea Grill in downtown Baltimore on "Restaurant Row"...Right beside high-roller spots like Ruth Chris Steakhouse and the Havana Club. The Blue Sea Grill has the aura of a modern-chic lounge. The food there was pretty good. I had crab cakes (I think Oceanaire Seafood Room and Pices' crabcakses are better) and T had some type of fish stuff with crabmeat. We ate...I had a drink (those who know me know my drink already)...And we left and headed to the movies.

The MOVIES! First off, I like Muvico Egyptian Theatres (what's that name about) at Arundel Mills...Secondly, I don't like Muvico Egyptian Theatres. I like it because it's a nice elaborate movie theatre where you have an abundance of movie selections, an abundance of food selections, and it feels like you're some place that's special. I don't like it because every weekend it's like being in the middle of a taping of some teen movie. High schoolers everywhere. It irritates me at times. But I was once one of those kids pissing off the "grown and sexy" dating adults...So I guess this is payback for me and my boys sneaking hennessy into the movie theaters and throwing bits of Twizzlers at people (G-H-E-T-T-O!!!!)

Wedding Crashers was HILARIOUS! If you like Vince Vaughn or Owen "Smushed-Nose" Wilson, you'll love this movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. However, the Air Conditioning in the theatre was either broke or just not on because it felt like we were in the devil's underwear in that joint! Man it was hot and muggy like D.C. in the...well, D.C. right now dammit! Horrible. But T and I sweated it out in there for a couple hours. I couldn't help but try to hold in some of my laughs b/c I felt like it was contributing to the heat. Even with the messed up circulation and stuffiness, the movie was still good! I recommend it.

Saturday...The UPANDUP 7th Annual Cookout. In other words, the Suitland High School reunion at Walker Mill Park. This cookout was packed beyond belief. There had to be at least 500 or so people there. I am glad that some guys I was really cool with in high school are making moves and people that went to school with them still come out and support. That's great. The fellas and I stopped by for a few hours and basically stood around drinking and yapping, saying wassup to people we haven't seen in a minute (some of which we were happy to see, others we were not). Me, I was there on my entrepreneurial grind as well. Saw a couple people there who wanted websites and we're in the process of trying to come to terms on a deal to work on www.upandupfashions.com. So I was discussing some business opps in the midst of all the eating, drinking, and mingling. It was a good time!

Sunday...Crabs, crabs, crabs! The Crab Feast was a TON of fun. From eating crabs to watching T's father do the "Lean Back" dance to watching about 30 people go wild (in a Bmore venue) when they put on some go-go...Man I had a ball. Shot out to JRon and Jessica for coming through from NJ. We had a good time hanging out with you guys. I'm still licking the old bay seasoning off my fingers!!!


Maryland Stand Up!!!



Sweet Cheeks...Look at that Wall Eye...JEEZ!!!






After the crab feast T, JRon, Jessica, and I went to Artscape and strolled around a little and just hung out. It was crowded but for some reason I felt really really relaxed among all those people.

It was a great weekend people! The type of weekend that makes you appreciate life.

Who knows what next weekend will bring???

No comments: