Monday, June 11, 2007

A movie I saw and a movie I'm going to see...

Knocked Up



I saw this film over the weekend in San Francisco and I was laughing the entire time. If you liked the 40 Year Old Virgin you'll like this movie. It's one of those movies that has a very serious storyline meshed with (at times) crude and crass humor. But for people like me, it really does entertain. LOL.

American Gangster

I don't have as much to say about this film (for obvious reasons) other than I am excited to see Common, TIP, and Denzel acting together. Not to mention my man Maximus (Russell Crowe) is in this film and it's being directed by an Academy Award Winning Director (Brian Grazer). I think this is going to be a great film. Hopefully it'll be this year's "The Departed".


Addendum: I also saw "Wild Hogs" and "Shooter" on my flight back from San Francisco and both are definitely worth renting if you have some time to watch a decent movie.

5 comments:

Daneger said...

Young, I have been waiting to see a preview of that American Gangster joint for a minute now. Can't wait for that one to come out! Will Smith got a new one coming out in December called "I am Legend" that looks like it's gonna be tough too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX773fMkS90

T.a.c.D said...

i am defintely in a "take myself on a date" movie tip...so I think a comedy will do just the trick...maybe i'll see sherk the 3rd first though
and I am with you on seeing American Gangsta AND glad you are back safely!

Anonymous said...

@Dane: Will's my man so Imma catch that joint too!

@TC: Back like I left something...

jendayi said...

thanks for the movie recommendations. i heard about american gangster this weekend. the preview was right on time.

i was hoping to see a post about the trip. are you going to do one?

Anonymous said...

JAC: Yeah, at some point I'll probably do a post on the trip. Gotta share some of my flicks.