Monday, June 18, 2007

Untitled: You know the drill!

Sad news: Jill Scott's getting a divorce. It's sad how the inspiration for a lot of her best work could be out of her life shortly.

In Delcambre, wear your pants at your waist or face a $500 fine or 6 months in jail. Not that I think wearing sagging pants is cool or should be done, but now they're passing laws that mandate how you can dress? Interesting. What's next? Really?

New Lupe Video for "He Say She Say". This is my favorite Lupe song off his debut LP, "Food and Liquor":



These football players just can't resist the urge to ride motorcycles. Ben Roethlisberger, Kellen Winslow, now...LaVar Arrington gets injured riding a motorcycle

The Diamond Princess, Sam Alexis Woods. Yes, Tiger's daughter. Man, I hope they start calling her by her middle name early in life.

That Kobe guy is quite a character.

R.I.P. Stack Bundles, and one of the suspects in his murder. You know dead rappers get better promotion.

6 comments:

Deja~I~Am said...

That video was so powerful. Man, I hope people listen.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I think that the way you felt after you watched it is the way I felt after I first heard it...He Say She Say

T.a.c.D said...

i was really sad to hear that about Jill...makes you wonder

and passing laws about how we can dress...too too far!

and this is one of my fav's too from the Lupe CD, glad its coming out with a vid

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Jill is one of my fav female artists. And with everything she puts into her songs it's sad to hear when something in her personal life is negative.

It is What It Is... said...

I'm real disturbed over the Jill thing...mainly because the music that came forth as a result of that union was so real, so powerful you know?

so its kinda like wow!!

can't wait to hear the new stuff...

Anonymous said...

I agree Kace. There was a lot of great music from the soul that came out of her personal experiences. I just hope her album doesn't turn into a woman scorned type album because I think I went through that with my wifey Vivian Green. Her first album was nice but the second one she was on some other -ish. I think she'd been through a break-up with the guy who was her inspiration for the first CD.

But that's what you get when artists are true to who they are in their music and they grow during the time their recording. You're going to get the good, the bad, and the ugly. Part of me can really appreciate that.