Thursday, October 25, 2007

Eff the flow, they jacking my DRANK

Anybody who has gone to a party with me or a social gathering probably knows that my vodka of choice for at least 3 years now has been Ciroc. It's even been mentioned on this site from time-to-time.

So I don't think I need to say that the news of Diddy signing a multi-million dollar deal with Ciroc to "develop" the brand was bittersweet for me. Sweet because it's about time that me and my crew aren't the only people who think that this is the best vodka eVar. Bitter because now that Diddy's going to make this shyt a mainstream, commercialized vodka - (presumably) like Jay and Dame did with Belvedere and Armadale - it'll look like we're drinking it just because Diddy's name is attached to it. Think about all the stuff people drink because some rapper endorses it: Moët, Cristal, Armand de BrokeBack. Not that there's anything wrong with liking what a rapper likes, but I'll be d@mned if Patron isn't the nastiest drink I've eVar tasted in my life. No matter how many rappers promote drink it.

I'm not hating on Diddy's move because that's a shrewd one he pulled off and if my broke-azz had the dough, I may have done the same thing. May have. But now I fear that I am going to have to stop drinking Ciroc because I don't want to be grouped in with the hundreds or thousands of people who will all-of-a-sudden drink Ciroc because of Diddy's recommendation. So I guess I better go cop my last couple of bottles before the price goes through the roof.

"Ciroc? That shyt is so 2004!"

6 comments:

K.C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K.C. said...

patron is nasty to you?! that thang is smoooooooth.

Anonymous said...

Not sure what toilet water tastes like but I'd bet Patron isn't all that different.

Ciroc, now that's smooooooth.

Cryssy said...

I sure hope that Ciroc does not become the new staple drink in all the hip-hop/rap music

Lawrenorder said...

I'm sorry for your loss...

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Lawren.