Wednesday, February 13, 2008

VIDEO: Flashing Lights

This isn't quite how I expected this video to play out but nevertheless, I enjoyed it for reasons you probably will understand after you watch it and I am sure it won't take you long to figure out why ;-)



In an effort to get this post up quick I will update with my comments later. But again, I definitely liked it ;-)

Props to Eskay for the video.

The first thing I will say is that this video is totally underwhelming. This is easily my favorite song on the Graduation CD and I was expecting Kanye to really go over-the-top (if anything) on this video. But that is not the case. This video does scream "I never thought you'd take it this far" but aside from that, it's a stretch to say that the video really coincides with the content of the song. I definitely expected him to do a scene for each verse of the song that matched that verse's focus. Obviously, Kanye Tuda was thinking a bit differently.

But he must have known that people like me would be thinking "this is it" and in order to make up for that he put one helluva lingerie-wearing chick in the video to make me less upset about it all.

Touché Kanye! Touché!

But aside from Ms. Thickness in the video, there's not really much to enjoy or love about it. Speaking from an "interesting video" perspective, I'd rather watch...


Update: Just ran across Bol's review of the video and as usual, it's hilarious!

Update 2:Let the star of the video give you her perspective.

6 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

i don't get it...its artistic and all...but you know...hey...at least its a teaser and not a full on vid

Anonymous said...

Teaser? Nah, I think that's the full video. Could be wrong, but I think so.

T.a.c.D said...

i meant like a teaser in that its short and not the whole song...that's all...

Anonymous said...

Oh, my bad. I misinterpreted you. Gotcha now.

Anonymous said...

I dont know...if you listen to the song. especially the second and third verse you can see that he messed around or whateva and now she's getting revenge. "i never thought you would take it this far"

Anonymous said...

What do I KNOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!

Somebody has to interview him and ask him about the video. He's got to have an explanation already mapped out.