Monday, February 11, 2008

Miscellaneous Randomness

A book I might read...

...Since I don't do that all-too-often


I just got the book called "Intensely Human: The Health of the Black Soldier in the American Civil War". My employer publishes the book so I got a deal on it. I thought it sounded interesting enough to put on the bookshelf in my living room with the rest of the books I have never read and that I got from my job for da low (hehe). I think I've read like two books out of the 20 or so in my living room. Oh well.

Anyway, I might actually read this one (at some point) because it made me think of one of my favorite movies of all the times, Glory.

If you haven't seen it, Glory is a great movie about a black military company during the Civil War. Denzel Washington and Ferris Bueller Matthew Broderick star in the film. Denzel does his thing as you'd expect. Morgan Freeman also plays a very prominent role in this film as well. It's definitely a movie worth 2 hours of your time.
Nigger: The Movie

I can only imagine what a move entitled "Nigger: The Movie" is going to be like.



Man I hope this is a joke. I know this isn't a joke though.
Me being ignorant



At work on Ash Wednesday...

Me: Hey [co-worker], how are you?
CW: Fine, and you?
Me: I'm fine. Do you know that you have a black spot on your forehead?

[She had to be thinking I was an ignorant, uninformed heathen at this point...]

CW: Well yes, it's Ash Wednesday and Catholics...

[Feeling completely ignorant, dumb, and uninformed...]

Me: Oh, I'm sorry.

[At this point I'm thinking, "I guess this makes us even since she asked me once why Black people wear durags." LOL]

Don't ask me why I have never seen someone with lenten ashes on their forehead on Ash Wed. before. I just haven't. Sad, I know.
Fantasia expressing herself


Seriously, when is she just going to change her name to TataLicious?

SERIOUSLY!

MissInfo has an interesting post on Fantizzle's new hairdo.


I'm feeling CURTIS on this one

"If I die today or tomorrow I got a chance to see something. I got a chance to feel things...So in so many ways, my life is already exceeded my expectations." --50 Cent



Well at least we know what he got a chance to feel. LOL.

On a more serious note, 50 made this statement in the context of him going back to Queens where it's alleged that he can't go into certain areas because of his beef with Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff. But that's not really why I feel him on that statement because fortunately, I don't have a problem with anyone to the point where I can't go back to my old neighborhood or any other neighborhood. Fortunately.

But from the perspective of me feeling so blessed to have been able to travel to the places I've traveled to and seen the things I've seen so far in life, I agree with Half-Dollar's statement. Well, the first half anyway. If I die today or tomorrow, I got a chance to see something. But my expectations for my life have yet to be reached. I guess I didn't set my bar as low as 50 even though we probably came from similar areas. Thank God for my parents and grandparents instilling something in me that was more than just a whim and a prayer.

No comments: