Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Flashing Lights: Pick One

The one we all saw...



The one that just surfaced....



Obviously, I'm taking the first one because of the Rita G factor. But I think the second is a bit easier to understand conceptually. The second video is allegedly one version that Kanye made and threw away (as he's been known to do...ie - Jesus Walks). Funny thing is, even the videos he trashes are better than a lot of videos you'll see in rotation nowadays. Not that I actually watch BET or MTV to know what videos they're playing. Yet-and-still, I bet I'm right. LOL.

My homegirl Lauren just sent me a third version which is pretty good as well. Kanye stays going in on his video concepts.


5 comments:

Lawrenorder said...

As a routine tv flipper I'd have to agree that the videos Kanye throws out are better than what the so-called music video networks play (that is when they're not showing commericals or really annoying reality shows).
Of the two "Flashing Lights" videos I like the "new" one better (obviously I like stories in my videos), but they're both good. Gotta wonder about getting the crap beat out of you in the trunk of a car that explodes though... not cool.

Anonymous said...

I think the video following around the girl as her day goes along is pretty good. But I gotta say that the Rita G factor just blows that out of the water.

Anonymous said...

About to watch 3rd one...

Daneger said...

Mike, is it just me or doesn't that 3rd version seem to be the one that Kanye sent out the original screen shot from with the girl walking down the moonlit street in a dress??? I just remembered that picture from his blog while watching it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.