Friday, May 2, 2008

TIPPORD: No Matter What

No Matter What

TI/TIP/TIPPORD dropped this track on Tuesday to a little bit of fanfare on the InterWeb (read: bloggers got excited). I am really feeling this track. He get introspective on this one, responds to some of the stuff Mr. Got Em for the L-O has been saying, tries to motivate the listener, and ends with a shot out to God.

This might be the realest track T.I.P./T.I. has ever wrote (that Pac quote is timeless). Or at least the realest thing he's written since "I Still Luv Ya", "TI vs TIP", or "Still Ain't Forgave Myself".

I Still Love You (Trap Muzik album)


TI vs. TIP (Trap Muzik album)

This is one of my favorite TIPPORD songs eVar, as noted before.

Still Ain't Forgave Myself (I'm Serious album)

Check the lyrics to "No Matter What" for yourself...

Never have you seen in your lifetime/
A more divine souther rapper with a swag like mine/
Facing all kinda time but smile like I'm fine/
Brag with such passion and shine without trying/
Believe me, pain's a small thing to a giant/
I was born without a dime, out the gutter I climbed/
Spoke my mind and didn't stutter one time/
Ali say even the greatest gotta suffer sometimes/
So I huff-and-puff rhymes, lyrics so sick widdit/
Set the standard in Atlanta how to g-g-get it/
So you up-and-coming rappers wanna diss just kill it/
I'm officially the realest, point blank period/
Whether I still live in the hood or just visit/
Whatever you can do in the hood I done did it/
That's why the dope boys and the misfits feel it/
This still his city long as TIP living listen/

[Chorus]
I ain't dead, I ain't done/
I ain't scared, I ain't run/
But still I stand/
No matter what people here I am/
No matter remember/
I ain't break, I ain't fold/
They hate me mo', so/
Yeah I know/
Here I go/
No matter what shawty here I go/
No matter what shawty/

You let the blog sites and the magazines tell it/
I'm sure to be in jail till 2027/
Rather see me in a cell in, 'stead of this new McLaren/
God'll take you through hell, just to get you to heaven/
So even though it's heavy, the load I will carry/
Grin and still bear it, win and still share it/
Apologies to the fans, I hope you can understand it/
Life can change your direction, even when you ain't plan it/
All you can do is handle it, worse thing you can do is panic/
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity, manage to conquer/
Every obstacle, make impossible possible/
Even when winning's illogical, losing still far from optional/
And, yeah they want to see you shot up in the hospital/
But, one life no punches, block your counter like a boxer do/
Been locked inside mi casa too long, I did a song/
To make it known the king lives on, pimpin/

[Chorus]

Even in solitude, there's still no hotter dude/
I showed you how to do what you do, you ain't got a clue/
All you do is follow dudes, sound like a lot of dudes/
I weather whatever storm, make it out without a bruise/
I understand why, now when my hands tied/
They take shots cuz if I'm out there it's a landslide/
But revenge is best served as a cold dish/
And suckers will get served, better know this/
Guess it was understood for me it was over with/
But I don't quit, if you ain't notice yet/
They couldn't wait to say goodnight shawty/
So they could try to rhyme, act, and look like shawty/
Go get a beat from Toomp and make a hook like shawty
/
For you know it I'm back, what it look like shawty/
I lost my partner and my daughter in the same year/ (philant, miscarriage)
Somehow I rise above my problems and remain here/
Yeah, and I hope the picture painted clear/
If your heart filled with faith then ya can't fear/
Wonder how I face years and I'm still chillin/
Easy, let go and let God deal with it/

[Chorus]

If you've been following TI as an artists since before his arrest on those weapons charges I don't think you can read the lyrics, listen to the track, and then tell me this isn't a good song.

No comments: