Thursday, May 22, 2008

More Music

Usher - Love You Gently




This shyt right here! This shyt RIGHT HERE! The boy did his thing on this joint.



Common (ft. Skateboard P) - Universal Mind Control




Somebody told Common to "go head switch the style up/if nikkahs hate then let em hate, just watch the money pile up". This is a different look for Common but I actually like it since it shows some of his versatility. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what he's actually talking about though. Let me listen again....



Plies (ft. Jamie Foxx and The Dream) - Please Excuse My Hands




I don't really understand why Plies has been making so many "love" songs for the ladies but I guess that's his niche now. That might be the best business model for him though considering conscious gangsta rap (ie - "100 Years") does not sell as well as LL Cool J style rap. Ya'll know what I mean. I like Plies as a more gangster-ish rapper. His voice sounds a bit too country over these soft beats for me, but I guess these particular tracks aren't targeted at me anyway sooooo....



Mickey Factz - Good Money




I have been hearing a lot on the InterWeb about Mickey and his "The Leak" mixtape. The premise is that he leaks a track a day. I downloaded The Leak Volume 1 but I never listened and he's already got 3 tracks released for the second volume. I only listened to this track because of the 9th Wonder production and this shyt is kinda FIRE. Now I think I'm going to go back and listen to that mixtape.



Bloodraw (ft. Jeezy and Rick Ross) - Chevy Boyz




Bloodraw is a member of Jeezy's CTE crew and I might be the only person north of Atlanta that actually likes this dude. But I couldn't care less. I enjoy this guy's music even though he talks about the same stuff Jeezy talks about but in a wierd voice. But I also like Jeezy so go figure. As for Bloodraw...Is he a great lyricist? No. Is his flow on-point? Not really. Does he have anything that sets him apart from other trap-rappers? No. Yet-and-still, I have effed with Mr. Florida since his Gangsta Grillz mixtape, "Indictment Papers". Hopefully Blood steps his lyricism up a bit but keeps it gutter. In the meantime, I'm adding Chevy Boyz to my "Rider Music" playlist.



The Fixxers - Worldwide AM




I liked them the first time I heard them on "Can You Work With That" and they keep my attention on this one. The production is really what I love about this song (I assume it's DJ Quik).

3 comments:

M.C. said...

That Usher joint is fire, talk about slow grinding in the club...
Common and Skateboard P have put together a nice track. I think Universal Mind Control is their subliminal way of getting people to get into something different. I couldn't get into the Plies track. I am not of fan of his because his voice sounds like that dude in the club that tries to hit on every woman but can't get any play. So putting his voice over a slow track is laughable.

Mickey Facts is nice. He got a Jigga swagger, and 9th keeps proving why he had to leave LB, he is definitely most wanted right now. I actually liked that Chevy Boyz track, and I usually don't care for southern rappers, but that one was decent.

Can someone explain to me when AMG started looking like Cee-Lo? I looked at the pic for a full five minutes before I realized it was him! Maybe I was too distracted by Quick's wrap! Nice track though.

Anonymous said...

You make an interesting point about why 9th had to leave LB. I actually think his in-demand status is why he should have stayed with LB. It would have helped the group eventually. LB is a GREAT hip-hop (not rap) group. Like one of my favorites of all the times. And 9th via his production for other big artists like Jigga could have been their bridge to larger popularity and respect in the game. Both of which they deserve. I love just about anything 9th does, including that "The Formula" disc he just dropped with Buckshot.

Daneger said...

okay so you were right about the me needing to listen to that Mickey Factz joint. Good Looking out. I need to download that mixtape ASAP!!! That's my type of shit right there.